friends I'm having to write this because my old bridged network worked so well for so long that I totally forgot how I ever set it up in the first place, but I recall that it was simple and involved:
- the two were connected via wifi - the primary one having a physical connection to roadrunner modem
- the two had the same SSID, same Security method and passkey, different base IP addresses [192.168.1.1, and 192.168.1.21]
- beyond that it gets hazy... what "mode" was the secondary in? somewhere I input to the subordinate router the MAC address of the primary router... dunno where/which field accepted that
- do both need to be set to a fixed & same channel, as opposed to variable/Auto?
- what all was turned off on the secondary?
- both had full use of both their wired connections/clients and wifi
- one of these is N-300mbps, and g/b, the other is g/b. do I need to limit anything?
its not necessarily important to me that the connected devices all share with one another - I have strange clients anyway and its not needed. the windows 7 devices will be ok on the homegroup.
can someone help me out?