Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't connect to any network without Static IP

01 Jun 2012   #1
Diyaa

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
Can't connect to any network without Static IP

Hello All,
I have problem with my windows:
I can't connect to any network without Static IP
can anyone help me?
Thank you


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Jun 2012   #2
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Did you alter any network settings, or disable any services?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2012   #3
Diyaa

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Did you alter any network settings, or disable any services?
No!!!
and I can't connect to any VPN connection Like HotSpot Shild
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jun 2012   #4
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

You should be able to enable DHCP by going into your IPv4 properties window, you will need to remove any static addresses first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2012   #5
Diyaa

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
You should be able to enable DHCP by going into your IPv4 properties window, you will need to remove any static addresses first.

Then What?

If I did like this step I'll be unable to access the internet it will be Yalow (!) no wirles Icon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2012   #6
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Diyaa View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
You should be able to enable DHCP by going into your IPv4 properties window, you will need to remove any static addresses first.

Then What?

If I did like this step I'll be unable to access the internet it will be Yalow (!) no wirles Icon
If that is the case then DHCP must be disabled in your routers settings for some reason. You might want to check the wireless profile in Manage Wireless Connection to make sure it's set to use DHCP.

If you can post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all it would be helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2012   #7
Diyaa

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Diyaa View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
You should be able to enable DHCP by going into your IPv4 properties window, you will need to remove any static addresses first.

Then What?

If I did like this step I'll be unable to access the internet it will be Yalow (!) no wirles Icon
If that is the case then DHCP must be disabled in your routers settings for some reason. You might want to check the wireless profile in Manage Wireless Connection to make sure it's set to use DHCP.

If you can post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all it would be helpful.
This error with all network at home or at work!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't connect to any network without Static IP




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
System trying to connect to static IP that no longer exists
Background: I had my Win7 desktop configured to connect to my laptop via crossover cable using a static IP. Everything with this setup worked fine. Now I no longer use this setup(the laptop is no longer around), yet my desktop is still trying to access the static IP 10.1.1.2. It seems that...
Network & Sharing
How to connect to a computer not using static Ip
I am connected to an internet service provide which assigns a new IP address each time I connect to the internet. The kind of IP address given is internal one, something in the range of 10.141.x.x. Now I would like to know about how an external computer get connected to my computer. Someone told ...
Network & Sharing
Static IP Changes To Public Network
WIN7 SP1, Comcast Cable (internet only), Motorola gateway, Ethernet Cable, Onboard Realtek LAN, IPv6 disabled. My IP address of 192.xxx keeps changing to 169.254.52.105 and to public network. I tried manually setting IP in v4 properties but that doesn't work nor does modem refresh or ipconfig...
Network & Sharing
Cannot connect to internet without Static IP
I have been googling about this problem that I have been having for over 2 hours, but to no avail. Ever since I upgraded my previously windows vista computer up to windows 7, I have been having severe problems connecting to my home internet. Now, I cannot change any of my routers settings since...
Network & Sharing
Certain websites dont connect - DNS - static IP
Certain websites dont connect. I get the following message: it seems to have started since i assigned static IPS on the network. But im not sure. How can i resolve this, thank you.
Network & Sharing
Keep static IP for each network?
Is there a way I can keep a different static IP for each network I connect to? Like on my house, I wanted 192.168.1.200 (Which worked till I connected to a different internet) And at my friends house, when it connects, it connects with 192.168.1.150. and as I reconnect to whichever internet,...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:39.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App