Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Internet Sharing Problems

03 Sep 2009   #1

W7
 
 
Internet Sharing Problems

I'm having problems getting my internet to share to my other computers.

I can install the 3G card no problem and it recognizes the router though as a public network for some reason.

The problem comes up when I try to enable the internet sharing on the router network(the way I had it set up before on vista), it starts identifying the network then the internet turns off, then it says disconnected or partial connection. All the while the 3G cards program is flashing connected then disconnected over and over.

To get it to where it is working again for this computer I have to uninstall the program and driver for the 3G card and uninstall the driver for the onboard network card.

My set up is like this 3G card>(usb)>computer(the comp I'm posting from)>(ethernet)>router>wifi to other computers.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Sep 2009   #2

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by majindeath View Post
My set up is like this 3G card>(usb)>computer(the comp I'm posting from)>(ethernet)>router>wifi to other computers.
Welcome,

Can you be more specific on the 3G card?

Is that 3G as in mobile internet connection?

What kind of card? Brand? Model?

greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #3

W7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Welcome,

Can you be more specific on the 3G card?

Is that 3G as in mobile internet connection?

What kind of card? Brand? Model?

greetz

The model is an EC168 IIRC.
Service provider is Alltel.
It is a usb stick type mobile internet card, I have to use this as my internet connection because the closest broadband providers reach is like 8 miles from my house.

And thanks for the greet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Sep 2009   #4

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by majindeath View Post
The model is an EC168 IIRC.
Service provider is Alltel.
It is a usb stick type mobile internet card, I have to use this as my internet connection because the closest broadband providers reach is like 8 miles from my house.

And thanks for the greet.
Ok, so you indeed need to use ICS.

I understand the internet connection on your main computer is working, otherwise you couldn't be posting this.

1. What OS's do the other computers have?
2. How many are they and are they all connected through wireless?
3. Can you ping the router from each of the other computers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #5

W7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Ok, so you indeed need to use ICS.

I understand the internet connection on your main computer is working, otherwise you couldn't be posting this.

1. What OS's do the other computers have?
2. How many are they and are they all connected through wireless?
3. Can you ping the router from each of the other computers?
They both have Vista x64.
Two and yes.
I don't remember how to ping, but they do connect to the router.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #6

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by majindeath View Post
They both have Vista x64.
Two and yes.
I don't remember how to ping, but they do connect to the router.
ping:

open command prompt.

type ping + IP address of the router.

In many cases it's 192.168.1.1

So that would be:

ping 192.168.1.1

post back the results please.

greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #7

W7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
ping:

open command prompt.

type ping + IP address of the router.

In many cases it's 192.168.1.1

So that would be:

ping 192.168.1.1

post back the results please.

greetz
It says.

Packets: sent=4 received=4 lost=0
latency was minimum 1ms, max 5, and average 2.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #8

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by majindeath View Post
It says.

Packets: sent=4 received=4 lost=0
latency was minimum 1ms, max 5, and average 2.
From both the wireless machines?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #9

W7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
From both the wireless machines?
From one, but the other doesn't really matter as much.

EDIT: Should I do a complete hard reset on the router?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #10

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by majindeath View Post
From one, but the other doesn't really matter as much.

EDIT: Should I do a complete hard reset on the router?
No, the problem isn't the router.

How did you try to setup the ICS on win 7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet Sharing Problems





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Internet Sharing Problems
Thread Forum
Sharing Problems Network & Sharing
Internet Connection Sharing: Problems Network & Sharing
Internet and network sharing problems Network & Sharing
Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access Network & Sharing
Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access Network & Sharing
Problems with Internet Connection Sharing through WiFi Network & Sharing
Internet Connection Sharing problems Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33