Since a few months I've been experiencing several connection drops during the day. According to the log files it's a DNS issue, addressed as Event ID 1014.
Things I've tried (without effect):
- Disconnecting my router
- Disabling DHCP on the router
- Setting up a static IP
- Using Google and OpenDNS servers
- Removing and reinstalling the drivers for my NIC (onboard Realtek adapter, and I've used the Realtek and the Windows ones)
- Changing the cables between modem, PC and router
- Repairing the TCP/IP protocol
- Flushing DNS
- Resetting DNS
- Disabling auto-sleep on the NIC
Things I've noticed (from the log)
- The linked services were: CryptSvc, Dnscache, LanmanWorkstation and NlaSvc
I've read some other topics regarding this problem, but they were or outdated or talking about wireless.