It had been working fine for two years now. Just yesterday my I year old punched the keyboard of my Notebook here and there when I was working. I show a couple of dialogs popping up and getting closed when he was punching. And all of sudden I lost my wireless connection, in a strange way.
- The WIFI card is disabled, the physical button on the laptop is red indicating that it is disabled. When I press it to switch the wifi back on, the switch don’t respond
- WWhen I run network diagnostic: error is: Wireless capability is turned off. But I see no option to turn it on.
- I checked the network adapters through the Control panel and also in the device manager. They are up and running. No yellow sign, no “!” marks.
- Restarted several times. No change.
- Restarted in safe mode. Deleted the device in device manager and reinstalled. No change.
- Disabled firewall. No change. (DO I need to restart after disabling?)
Checked the manual for Key combinations to toggle wireless on off. But there were non. Any ideas? Please help.
It may be a key combination that was activated when he punched the keys.
- · AVG Free is installed. Need to check this one.
- · Need to check in BIOS as well.