Been working with a client who's two identical W7Pro desktops will no longer "see" each other in their Homegroup (HG). This network sharing ran well for almost a year and recently fell apart for no apparent reason.
1. Removed all AV products and disabled the firewall on both PCs
2. Renamed the HG and reset the password.
3. Setup user accounts/passwords on both PCs.
4. Ensured advanced sharing configurations were open and identical.
5. Shut down and rebooted both.
I walked away feeling good that I beat the HG into submission. a few hours later the two PCs discontinued the shares.
Now I'm no longer in the profit margin. Thinking of setting up a mapped drive between the two.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences?