Lets try out this ,
1. Have u created before a System restore ? If yes Restore your system to previous date that will work !
2.Go to ur Network adaptor card, Unistall the TCP/IP Protocol Drivers
and Install it again that may fix the Corrupted files
3.Restart ur System Press F8 and the splash screen displays option for Safe mode , Safe mode With Networking , blah blah Find "Restore ur machine to Previous Working State" Click on that it will restore ur system back to flawless state Similar to System restore
Unchecking IPv6 in the properties of your network adapter and also try
using public DNS servers, in the properties of IPv4 plug in
126.96.36.199 preferred and
See if that makes any difference at all.
Those IP address are Google Public DNS Servers that we are inputting for Name resolution,
Also right click taskbar and choose start task manager
check the box at the bottom that says show processes for all users
look to see if you have mdnsresponder running if so you may have some version of the bonjour service running which might be causing your issues, if so you may want to take a look at this article
Bonjour service is the Apple itune Service run in background
You can use Revo Uinstaller Pro(Get it in torrent or 4shared) if u are unable to uninstall,
• Stop Bonjour Service by opening a command prompt (remember to open the command
prompt with Administrator privileges in Vista) and type:
sc stop “bonjour service”
• Once that is done, in the same command prompt type:
sc delete “bonjour service”
• Now we need to disable the Bonjour socket driver
• Start regedit.exe (with Administrator privileges in Vista) and go to the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr… es\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog… Entries
(please note: the final digit in this key may vary depending on your circumstances - look
through all the entries under Catalog_Entries - the key you're dealing with should contain
LibraryPath = C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll)
• Within that key find the entry:
Enabled=REG_DWORD:00000001 - change it from 1 to 0.
• Exit out of the command prompt and reboot your PC.
• Once you have logged back in, delete the C:\Program Files\Bonjour (with the files
mDNSResponder.exe and mdnsNSP.dll).
There you have it - these instructions will work for Windows XP and Vista.
This is all about bonjour http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)
Let us know how u go