Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: The Dependency service or group failed to start.


07 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
The Dependency service or group failed to start.

I am having this problem and it started one day when I booted up my PC. I tried resetting the router, modem, a new cable, using netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries), netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)
and none of it has helped. I have updated all the drivers for my motherboard, which is a gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P. On the lan connections I am getting a solid orange light,1000ms connection, and a flashing yellow light which means data is being received and sending (This is in the manual). I have used the program, Realtek-Ethernet Diagnostic Utility which gives me some information that I put as attachments, I'm not sure how to post SS's when the insert picture button ask for a URL. I also posted the Ipconfig which brought back some weird results. I am not sure where to go from here and any help would be great.




Attached Thumbnails
The Dependency service or group failed to start.-unknown.png  
Attached Images
   
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Aug 2012   #2

Win 7 64bit HP
 
 

Have you tried restoring to a previous point before you started having these problems?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cspears10 View Post
I am having this problem and it started one day when I booted up my PC. I tried resetting the router, modem, a new cable, using netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries), netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)
and none of it has helped. I have updated all the drivers for my motherboard, which is a gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P. On the lan connections I am getting a solid orange light,1000ms connection, and a flashing yellow light which means data is being received and sending (This is in the manual). I have used the program, Realtek-Ethernet Diagnostic Utility which gives me some information that I put as attachments, I'm not sure how to post SS's when the insert picture button ask for a URL. I also posted the Ipconfig which brought back some weird results. I am not sure where to go from here and any help would be great.
According to the ipconfig you aren't getting anything from the router at all so resetting the router would be the first thing to try.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Aug 2012   #4

Win 7 64bit HP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
According to the ipconfig you aren't getting anything from the router at all so resetting the router would be the first thing to try.
He'd tried resetting the router many times, as well as plugging another computer into the same port with the same cable and it worked correctly. He did a good job of trying all the basics. Never did find out why all the services crashed but restoring to a previous point solved the problem for now. The funny thing is that the only thing he did before this problem appeared was to install a card reader. And used the windows driver, didn't install any software or make any other changes. Very strange.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gspears View Post

He'd tried resetting the router many times, as well as plugging another computer into the same port with the same cable and it worked correctly. He did a good job of trying all the basics. Never did find out why all the services crashed but restoring to a previous point solved the problem for now. The funny thing is that the only thing he did before this problem appeared was to install a card reader. And used the windows driver, didn't install any software or make any other changes. Very strange.
That is strange yes, it seems that the card reader drivers were not compatible with his system or something. Anyway glad it's fixed with the restore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2012   #6

Win 7 64bit HP
 
 

[QUOTE=chev65;2043754]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gspears View Post
That is strange yes, it seems that the card reader drivers were not compatible with his system or something. Anyway glad it's fixed with the restore.

Thanks for the help. It is strange and like I said, it pulled the standard windows drivers, we didn't load anything!!!

Very annoying to go through all this trouble for no good reason.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 The Dependency service or group failed to start.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: The Dependency service or group failed to start.
Thread Forum
the dependency service or group failed to start Network & Sharing
Dependency service or group failed to start??HELP Network & Sharing
The Dependency service or group failed to start! Network & Sharing
Red 'X' Network - 'The dependency service or group failed to start' Network & Sharing
Solved The dependency service or group failed to start probelm Network & Sharing
The dependency service or group failed to start. General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33