Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Laptop Wireless Network keeps disconnecting.

17 Sep 2012   #11

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Summerbear5 View Post
Thank you Skylais. Uninstalling and reinstalling support assistant did work. But it said everything passed and didn't download anything new. So I'm still stuck on my internet disconnecting issue. I haven't had a problem today but I know it's going to happen again.
Ok this is swell, means all drivers and bios should be up to date. Well hopefully the correct ones. Anyhow could you upload a zip file of your system info, drivers list, and have any bsod come along?
If you need help with the sysinfo and drivers list, use the attached tool. Then upload it in your next post. Just press grab all, and be a bit patient.
Also open " device manager " and under network adapters, if there is Microsoft WIFI miniport adaptor right click and disable it. It sometimes causes issues.
And just to ask have you ever used a proxy server?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2012   #12

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I have Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adapter and Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adaper #2. I've disabled them both. When I did I got a message from Intel My Wifi Technology saying disabled adapter not found.

As for the other things you request I will get to it in my next post. Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2012   #13

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Summerbear5 View Post
I have Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adapter and Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adaper #2. I've disabled them both. When I did I got a message from Intel My Wifi Technology saying disabled adapter not found.

As for the other things you request I will get to it in my next post. Thank you
That message should be normal, and Thanks again for your patience and time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Sep 2012   #14
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Hmmm.....I didn't know that I was invisible?
Quote:
Hello,

In addition, can you please Download, Install and Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector so that we can see a signal issue or interference.
To run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, double click the Xirrus icon on your Desktop, you may use the Windows 7 snipping tool to crop or Paint by tapping the Print screen key on your keyboard, open up Paint (Click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then save it and please attach the file on your next post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #15

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Sorry 2xg your not invisible. I just don't feel there is a signal issue or interference when as I stated there are multiple wireless devices in the same room and neither of those are having problems.

Sorry I haven't gotten any other data as of yet. Been busy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #16

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Summerbear5 View Post
Sorry 2xg your not invisible. I just don't feel there is a signal issue or interference when as I stated there are multiple wireless devices in the same room and neither of those are having problems.

Sorry I haven't gotten any other data as of yet. Been busy
IMO, Windows 7 wireless driver are very particular about having a clear channel to operate on, other devices can more easily operate on a crowded channel. The virtual mini port can also cause problems but you would normally get the Unidentified Network message with no connection at all when they are causing the problem.

In fact, as 2xg has already pointed out, the most likely problem is interference on which ever channel the wireless is broadcasting on. The type of security and encryption are also important.

This has already proven to be true on many occasions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #17
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Thanks chev65...

Summerbear5 - the Xirrus will be able to show us more of what type of network security, wireless channel selection, signal, intereference and what not....
Quote:
In fact, as 2xg has already pointed out, the most likely problem is interference on which ever channel the wireless is broadcasting on. The type of security and encryption are also important.
No worries at all...I am very sure there are others that could use my help. Best of luck!
Quote:
Sorry 2xg your not invisible. I just don't feel there is a signal issue or interference when as I stated there are multiple wireless devices in the same room and neither of those are having problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #18
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Summerbear5 View Post
Sorry 2xg your not invisible. I just don't feel there is a signal issue or interference when as I stated there are multiple wireless devices in the same room and neither of those are having problems.

Sorry I haven't gotten any other data as of yet. Been busy
What do you think the problem is then? What one thinks and what is fact are often two different things.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #19

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Sorry not trying to upset anyone. I honestly think it's this computer. Not the first time I've had network issues with it. Like I said I have multiple wireless devices windows 7 devices and they work fine never had a problem. I will post more later. Thanks everyone for helping me I really appreciate it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2012   #20

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Hello,

In addition, can you please Download, Install and Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector so that we can see a signal issue or interference.
To run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, double click the Xirrus icon on your Desktop, you may use the Windows 7 snipping tool to crop or Paint by tapping the Print screen key on your keyboard, open up Paint (Click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then save it and please attach the file on your next post.
Here is what you asked for hope this helps!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Laptop Wireless Network keeps disconnecting.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 Laptop Wireless Network keeps disconnecting.
Thread Forum
Laptop keeps disconnecting from wireless Network & Sharing
My Laptop keeps disconnecting me from my wireless internet Network & Sharing
Keep connecting/disconnecting from wireless network Network & Sharing
Laptop keeps disconnecting from network Network & Sharing
Promblem with Atheros AR9285 wireless Network Adapter-disconnecting Network & Sharing
Laptop won't connect to wireless network on Windows 7: Please Help! Network & Sharing
Wireless Network Disconnecting Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33