Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 cannot detect wired network on pc, but internet can be used


28 Sep 2012   #1

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Win 7 cannot detect wired network on pc, but internet can be used

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Sep 2012   #2

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cornerblue View Post
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?
If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #3

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cornerblue View Post
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?
If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.
Thanks for reply.


Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::dc37:f3fd:5814:7087%13
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.7
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Tunnel adapter isatap.{DCB58891-04F9-4C29-8B0D-97E24488EE57}:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 10:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Sep 2012   #4

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

If you can post an actual screen shot of the ipconfig like the picture below it could show me other possible problems.


Attached Thumbnails
Win 7 cannot detect wired network on pc, but internet can be used-my-ipconfig.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #5

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yeah, sry i think i forgot to to add /all

and sry i dont know how else the screen shot works "print screen", not working i guess


Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Neo1-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 8C-89-A5-C6-E5-A9
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e403:9541:8614:2b5f%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:20:32 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:20:32 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 244091301
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-5E-C1-3C-8C-89-A5-C6-E5-A9
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Tunnel adapter isatap.{8EB06D6B-E4BF-4729-8BC1-B998B752255C}:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:1080:1387:3f57:fefc(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1080:1387:3f57:fefc%12(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
C:\Users\Neo1>
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

The only thing I can find for no network connections showing is in the link below. It shows the registry as being the problem with one adjustment required to fix it.

Solution for an empty “Network Connections” in Windows | Technology for Mortals
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #7

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

just tried that. I deleted the values in the config, still the same after reboot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cornerblue View Post
just tried that. I deleted the values in the config, still the same after reboot.
From the ipconfig you should be online so it appears as if something is blocking the connection.

Which A/V software do you have installed on this system?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2012   #9

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Sry chev, i was away. At the moment i do not have an a/v installed. I had uninstalled it to see if that was the issue. Like i said before, i can surf the web in this state, but my network icon (taskbar) says no network and it is crossed out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cornerblue View Post
Sry chev, i was away. At the moment i do not have an a/v installed. I had uninstalled it to see if that was the issue. Like i said before, i can surf the web in this state, but my network icon (taskbar) says no network and it is crossed out.
Intermittent connection problems aren't so easy to fix and I don't see anything wrong with the ipconfig. Do you have iTunes installed on this system?

Maybe it's time to reset the network stack and flush the DNS.

Save the file below, unzip and run the file, your machine will reboot automatically.


Attached Files
File Type: zip IPResetALL.zip (33.6 KB, 13 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 cannot detect wired network on pc, but internet can be used




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33