|28 Sep 2012||#1|
| || |
Identifying Problem, No Homegroup, No Modem/Router Connection
I've been fortunate to find many solution on these resourceful forums. Alas, my PC was affected by malware that has since been removed but probably left a few bad gifts behind.
- All other networked devices work fine and can access to modem/router/Internet.
On the affected PC:
- Windows Firewall could not be turned on. A backup registry file fixed that.
- Public network appears BUT home network cannot be created/joined/shared.
- All applications run fine.
- Uninstalled MS Security Essentials (could not run after malware issue).
- Using wireless USB can detect networks but troubleshooter shows unable to connect.
- "Identifying" and black exclamation/yellow triangle shows up over network icon.
- Cannot flush or reset dns from command line.
- All important services have been (re)set to automatic (delay).
I have read many threads related to the "Identifying" issue but have seen little evidence of a quality fix. Please help. Thank you in advance.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Identifying Problem, No Homegroup, No Modem/Router Connection|
|Homegroup connection problem||Network & Sharing|
|Wired connection, internet stuck at "Identifying", 169.XX IP problem||Network & Sharing|
|Windows 7 laptop drops connection when my router and modem are working||Network & Sharing|
|bridging ADSL modem router and another modem router||Network & Sharing|
|Wlan card hangs (identifying error) during connection to router.||Network & Sharing|
|Modem & Router problem||Network & Sharing|
|Need Some Help with Cable Modem to Gray Fox Router to Switch Router||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.