|17 Oct 2012||#1|
Wireless icon does not pop up "connect to network"
I have a laptop in my hand that belong to somebody.
issue is that when ever we click on wireless icon close to clock, there will be no pop up menu of "connect to network"
for example this below pop up menu after clicking is not showing.
|My System Specs|
|17 Oct 2012||#5|
If there is no 3rd party applications follow the directions below.
1. Open the Start Menu
2. Type services in the Start Search area and press Enter
3. Click on Continue in the UAC prompt
4. Locate Network Connections, Network List Service, Network Location Awareness, and Network Store Interface Service
5. Verify that Status is set to Started and Startup Type is set to Automatic
6. If this is not the case then right click the service and select Start to start the service
7. Right click the service and select Properties and change the Startup type to Automatic
8. Repeat as necessary for the services listed in step 4
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Wireless icon does not pop up "connect to network"|
|When I connect to my wireless router it says "linksys 2"||Network & Sharing|
|"Limited Access" - can't connect to Wireless Internet||Network & Sharing|
|Make "Network" icon have 5 bars permanently.||Network & Sharing|
|Wireless network creating 2 names and can not connect, "BLAH 2"||Network & Sharing|
|Extremely odd problem, cant even open "connect to a network" window||Network & Sharing|
|Wireless tray icon stays as "disconnected"||Network & Sharing|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.