Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Port forwarding not working...

17 Nov 2012   #31
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Apologies my mistake yes set DDNS to disabled.

On the portforward rule set it to your hostname at no-ip.org if allowed or your router ip address for external ip address.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Nov 2012   #32
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
Apologies my mistake yes set DDNS to disabled.

On the portforward rule set it to your hostname at no-ip.org if allowed or your router ip address for external ip address.
Internal ip: hostname of no-ip? I cant set a password or username in port forward settings....so that wont work??
External ip has to be wan ip you mean?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2012   #33
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Not asking you to set a username or password in the portforwarding settings that was for DDNS settings which i advised to disable.

Your WAN ip is your external ip address but it is dynamic so it will change with each re-boot of router or when switched on or off so you cannot use that. Just enter your ubee ip address.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Nov 2012   #34
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

What do i fill in at the empty fields at bridging?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2012   #35
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Wireless bridging is not the option you need i do not think it has ethernet bridging but we should still be able to do it.

Can you please advise us what the DHCP starting address is please?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2012   #36
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
Wireless bridging is not the option you need i do not think it has ethernet bridging but we should still be able to do it.

Can you please advise us what the DHCP starting address is please?
of the netgear?
Quote:
Use Router as DHCP-server: yes
ip adress (begin) 192.168.1.2
ip adress (end) 192.168.1.254
by the way: i have re enabled DHCP again. someone told me to disable it....but some devices began having trouble to connect so i have put that function online again on the netgear router.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2012   #37
edwar

7 x64
 
 

Look I'll go over this one more time. Stop using the WAN/Internet port on the netgear and turn off the DHCP server in the netgear. Connect from your modem to a LAN port on the netgear.
Then do the Port forwarding on the modem box.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
Wireless bridging is not the option you need i do not think it has ethernet bridging but we should still be able to do it.

Can you please advise us what the DHCP starting address is please?
of the netgear?
Quote:
Use Router as DHCP-server: yes
ip adress (begin) 192.168.1.2
ip adress (end) 192.168.1.254
by the way: i have re enabled DHCP again. someone told me to disable it....but some devices began having trouble to connect so i have put that function online again on the netgear router.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2012   #38
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by edwar View Post
Look I'll go over this one more time. Stop using the WAN/Internet port on the netgear and turn off the DHCP server in the netgear. Connect from your modem to a LAN port on the netgear.
Then do the Port forwarding on the modem box.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
Wireless bridging is not the option you need i do not think it has ethernet bridging but we should still be able to do it.

Can you please advise us what the DHCP starting address is please?
of the netgear?
Quote:
Use Router as DHCP-server: yes
ip adress (begin) 192.168.1.2
ip adress (end) 192.168.1.254
by the way: i have re enabled DHCP again. someone told me to disable it....but some devices began having trouble to connect so i have put that function online again on the netgear router.
i dont know exactly what you mean.
The modem is connected to the netgear through a lan cable.(same cable as to connect my laptop to the modem) its not connected wirelessy.
turning off DHCP on netgear makes my devices have trouble connecting to the netgear.
do you mean turning off wifi of the netgear and use the wifi/internet of the modem?

i get 2 different advices now? ^^
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2012   #39
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You will need to disable the DHCP server on the netgear.

The DHCP server starting address i want is from the Ubee modem please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2012   #40
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

devices really get trouble connecting to the internet when DHCP is disabled.
when they are already connected it keeps working but connecting again creates problems. it connects the the router successfully but there is no internet connection available....when DHCP is off.

How to prevent this from happening?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Port forwarding not working...




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Port Forwarding
Hello! I have a few questions about the Port Forwarding and routers in general. I have changed the actual port numbers on the picture below to maintan privacy and security (but this was probably unnecessary, right?). As you can see on the picture below, the internal and external UDP and TCP...
Network & Sharing
Port forwarding not working between Router & seperate Modem
On Thursday (technically it's Friday now in the UK) I was setting up a Synology DS414 for my Church. No problems setting it up, works fine for both PC & Mac over local LAN, however it has a method of setting up Port Forwarding via UPNP or manually via a small and select list of routers. This is...
Network & Sharing
Port forwarding(redirecting), NOT(!) port opening
Hi. I was tired when 50th result in google named "port forwarding" was actually question how to open port. To be specific, I would like windows 7 to do the same what this program does. Which means forward port... NOT fowarding port on my router NOT opening port(allow connections) in...
Network & Sharing
Port Forwarding Not Working
My port forwarding is NOT WORKING! I don't know why! Screenshot: http://puu.sh/30Apq.png As you can see, I've done everything correctly. And my firewalls are off. PLEASE help no one can figure it out! Edit: The port checker is now able to ping my router but it still says the port is not...
Network & Sharing
port-forwarding not working
I want to port-forward. But my password is wrong to everything i try. i've tried: admin, 1234, arris. nothing seems to work. EVEN after a fact-reset, It still does it.. ?help?
Network & Sharing
port forwarding
ok. i am trying to forward some of my ports for a game. i type in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and it takes me to a login creen. i have an actiontech mi424 - wr rev C. router and idk the login... or pass... im pretty sure they are the defaults . i tried admin admin and admin password to no avail.
Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App