Quote: Originally Posted by chev65
If updating the drivers does not fix the issue, to narrow down the prime cause of the crash let’s put the computer in a clean boot state and troubleshoot the issue.
Putting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. If yes, you may go ahead and disable or uninstall the same.
Follow the below steps to put your computer in clean boot state:
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
The above steps would put the computer in clean boot state.
You should be able to tell if an installed program is causing this problem or not.
You might try running the sfc/scannow command to see if there are any file integrity problems.
I had got meself a new cable, doesn't seems to fix the problem.
i am in a clean state boot mode now, with nothing but microsoft sutff like you said.
I'd tried to troubleshoot by clicking the red X and it gave me "local Area connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
I noticed that the LAN in "Change Adapter Settings" in the Network and Sharing Center, that it is not being "abled"
i tried enabling it but it's just stay there forever. not doing anything.
In cmd from ipconfig /all and ipconfig /release, it shows that i dont have my default gateway IP
I am now going to try what i saw on the other thread by turning everything off including my tower and wait for a minute and see what i will get from there.
Unplug everything and wait a minute seems to fix it
now im not sure why.
I have 5 networks, and it is connected to Network four on public.
i seems to able to get everything back.
i hope these connection will stay here for a while