I am running a webserver with IIS, and I have setup the site binding settings as follow:
http 10.0.0.253 80
Now my hosting PC's LAN IP is 10.0.0.253. I can access my webserver from any of my PC's on the LAN via the local ip, but when I use the External WAN router IP, or my free dyndns hostname, it gets a timeout.
- I did forward port 80 to 10.0.0.253 on the router
- I did create inbound and outbound rules for port 80 on windows firewall
- I disabled any other Antivirus and firewalls
- Doing a port test on my external IP on port 80 tells me my port is open...
- Doing nslookup on my free dyndns hostname resolves the correct IP, and I made sure my dynamic IP is updated with the hostname
As I said, accessing my web page using the internal lan address, gives me my index page, but when using either my external ip or dyndns hostname, It cannot resolve the address.
What can be the problem?