Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wireless Network Connection..

22 Dec 2012   #11
Sjudy

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 

I don't know if this will help you or not, but (in my fiddling around) I pressed Fn key and F2 key, and a screen to enter the security key for my internet connection came up. I entered it and whalaa! I am once again connected. Weird thing is I had done all those things before in the "network connections" in control panel, and got zero results. I think the critical update for windows must have flunked out something.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Dec 2012   #12
tooch420

Windows 7 Home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sjudy View Post
I don't know if this will help you or not, but (in my fiddling around) I pressed Fn key and F2 key, and a screen to enter the security key for my internet connection came up. I entered it and whalaa! I am once again connected. Weird thing is I had done all those things before in the "network connections" in control panel, and got zero results. I think the critical update for windows must have flunked out something.
didnt work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2012   #13
tooch420

Windows 7 Home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
is this really stumping you?, because as a "7 GURU" you should be giving more advice than this!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Dec 2012   #14
drpepper

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
 
 

tooch420,

Do what you want, but here is a heads-up for you. Even experts can be stumped because the same fix does not work on every computer. Often it is necessary to "go fishing" for information and a cure. Criticizing those helping you is unlikely to solve your problem.

respectfully,
drpepper
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2012   #15
tooch420

Windows 7 Home
 
 

I apologize if that is how it came out...

I am just very frustrated because everything i find or someone tells me is not working. EVERYTHING ON THE PC CHECKS OUT...IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2012   #16
drpepper

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
 
 

understood ...
The type of frustration you are experiencing is why why network administrators in my market area start at $80,000+/year. The real gurus command a much larger salary. The help provided here is free! It is much harder to have a dialog online than actually putting your hands on the problematic computer. Believe me, sooner or later everyone using this type of venue gets frustrated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #17
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
understood ...
The type of frustration you are experiencing is why why network administrators in my market area start at $80,000+/year. The real gurus command a much larger salary. The help provided here is free! It is much harder to have a dialog online than actually putting your hands on the problematic computer. Believe me, sooner or later everyone using this type of venue gets frustrated.
Thanks for pointing that out Dr. Pepper. This is so very true, trying to diagnose problems from here is not so easy as some people seem to think.

I also wonder where these so called real guru's are, I would think that after 2000 solves I might be one by now but maybe not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #18
tooch420

Windows 7 Home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
understood ...
The type of frustration you are experiencing is why why network administrators in my market area start at $80,000+/year. The real gurus command a much larger salary. The help provided here is free! It is much harder to have a dialog online than actually putting your hands on the problematic computer. Believe me, sooner or later everyone using this type of venue gets frustrated.
Thanks for pointing that out Dr. Pepper. This is so very true, trying to diagnose problems from here is not so easy as some people seem to think.

I also wonder where these so called real guru's are, I would think that after 2000 solves I might be one by now but maybe not.
You seem like you know what you are talking about chev65, i have read past posts...could youi please give me some insight here. ..

I have just formatted and installed fresh copy windows 7, NO PROGRAMS OR UPDATES IN YET, and durring initila start up when it askes to connect to a network i am still having same issue.

thanks in advance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #19
drpepper

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
 
 

chev65,

You're welcome.

I find that helping friends over the phone or victims of computer gremlins in a forum is much harder than having the computer in front of me. I can click here and there, type something, and look or listen to get an idea of what's going on.

Also it is easier to perform a task than to type or to give verbal instructions. For example, I can change folder options in my sleep. When it comes to giving instructions, I have to go through the steps one at a time on a computer. Then I say, "click here, and you will see ... ," You get the idea, I'm sure.

As for the "real gurus", I guess that many of them don't want to go home from working on computers all day long only to find themselves working on computers at home. I met one administrator a few years back who said that he had banned computers from his house for exactly that reason.

The remainder of the "real gurus" are probably hiding behind a screen name on this and other forums. I have seen innumerable MS, Cisco, and other certifications in signatures and profiles. I have had to look most of them up to find out what these guys (or girls) specialize in.

Your 2000+ fixes definitely qualifies you as a guru. I have about eleventeen fixes under my belt; so I have a way to go. The more I learn, the more I find out how much I really don't know.

Do I get an attaboy for pointing that out? ... just kidding ...

BTW: what kind of 65 chevy? I have owned:
  • 64 impala
  • 63 nova
  • 67 camaro
  • 67 camaro rs
  • 68 camaro x3
  • 64 chevelle
  • 64 chevelle ss

drpepper
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #20
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Man that's some list. It's a 65 Chevelle no less but it's been built as a hotrod, certainly not stock.

The drivers in the link should be working.


Drivers & Downloads | Dell United States
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wireless Network Connection..




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Wireless Network Connection 5
I know its just a number but it is really annoying and it must be possible to solve it but when seeing what networks are available in the bottom right hand corner it says "Wireless Network Connection 4" The '4' being the annoying part, it occurred since I've been trying to update my drivers. I...
Network & Sharing
Wireless Network connection problem
Greetings! I'm here with some difficulties in connecting to my wireless network. I've formated my computer recently with a burned CD with operating system windows 7 (from uTorrent). After that, everything went wrong... The screen resolution is weird (windows and icons too big) and I can't fix it....
Network & Sharing
Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver
Hi, So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus(es) from my laptop. My Windows Firewall, Defender and Updates would not work (still won't), my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites, and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues. I installed MalwareBytes and...
Network & Sharing
Wireless network connection lost internet connection
Hi everyone, I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem. The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router, and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from the laptops that use the...
Network & Sharing
Problem with Wireless network Connection
Hello All, I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with Windows 7 Professional on 64bit as OS like a week ago. I set up the wireless connection to my home network and it was working fine till last night... This morning I had a problem connecting to the same wireless network.. It found the...
Network & Sharing
Wireless network connection
I have two wireless networks: one an unencrypted 802.11b and the other an encrypted 802.11n. This brand new desktop employs a USB N wireless adapter. I have never tried to access the unencrypted network from this computer. I have configured it to access automatically the encrypted network. The...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App