|03 Jan 2013||#1|
| || |
Folder and File Sharing - Windows 7
OK, now that I have a nicely established reputation for asking really dumb questions, here goes another one. Before I ask, I do have one caveat: Lots of people have the same problem with Win 7.
1) I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
2) I have two computers on this network: one computer is named "AV"; the other computer is named "Materials".
3) There is no password protection on either computer. (You can't password protect a Windows computer anyway. I kno dat much!)
4) Each computer has multiple 1, 2 and 3 TB hard drives - Total approximately 20 TB all partitioned
5) I do not use "Libraries". I refuse to use "Libraries". I think "Libraries" are a malignant pustule.
6) I never had trouble setting up File and Folder sharing on Win 3.11, NT 4.0, or XP.
7) Even though I enable all "Permissions" on all files and folders, all I can do from one computer to another is see the files and folders on the other computer. I do not have access to them.
Can somebody kindly tell me what Magic Button I can push so I can share all my files and folders from each computer and move them from one computer to another.
Yes, I know it's a purely retarded question but I AM from Tennessee. So what do you expect? We're all a product of too much inbreeding, you know.
Btw, I now have "Readers Cramp" from going through all the many Tutorials on this wonderful site. Wow, so much info. Thanks.
|My System Specs|
|03 Jan 2013||#5|
| || |
Britton30, truth be told I have read (I live on the net per my nickname) where many have had quite a hard time with Win 7 networking, file sharing and permissions. In fact, I recall a statement by a Win 7 guru elsewhere that said MS had really dropped the ball when it came to networking.
More importantly, though, your comment reflects on the nature of this group. As you can tell, I have quite a substantial ego and am therefore not afraid of looking stupid when I ask a question. For I know that there are others out there who know even less than I do.
In fact, I will often ask a question that I could probably figure out on my own but which I also believe should be asked so others might benefit. So many folks, as one SevenForums' member told me, are really intimidated by computers and quite fearful of trying anything.
Here at SevenForums we feel safe. This is not TH (I shall abbreviate), for example, where some mean-spirited troll will seize upon the opportunity to aggrandize himself with a response like "you idiot, why don't you know that? Everybody knows that!" And, yes, I have seen such responses many times on lesser groups like TH or M (FF) forum. (was I vague enough? )
Again, thanks to all for this fine group. I am indeed grateful to all of you for your kindness and help!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Folder and File Sharing - Windows 7|
|Windows 7: File and Folder Sharing Issues||Network & Sharing|
|Win 7 to Win Vista file/folder sharing||Network & Sharing|
|How to allow file folder sharing without password When Screen Saver on||Network & Sharing|
|File/folder sharing "Shared" column and sharing all the contents||Network & Sharing|
|How enable folder and file sharing on 2 W7 computers?||Network & Sharing|
|Local Network User folder/file sharing||Network & Sharing|
|Homegroup - Change File and Folder Sharing Settings||Tutorials|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.