OK, now that I have a nicely established reputation for asking really dumb questions, here goes another one. Before I ask, I do have one caveat: Lots of people have the same problem with Win 7.
1) I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
2) I have two computers on this network: one computer is named "AV"; the other computer is named "Materials".
3) There is no password protection on either computer. (You can't password protect a Windows computer anyway. I kno dat much!)
4) Each computer has multiple 1, 2 and 3 TB hard drives - Total approximately 20 TB all partitioned
5) I do not use "Libraries". I refuse to use "Libraries". I think "Libraries" are a malignant pustule.
6) I never had trouble setting up File and Folder sharing on Win 3.11, NT 4.0, or XP.
7) Even though I enable all "Permissions" on all files and folders, all I can do from one computer to another is see
the files and folders on the other computer. I do not have access
to them. Can somebody kindly tell me what Magic Button I can push so I can share all my files and folders from each computer and move them from one computer to another.
Yes, I know it's a purely retarded question but I AM from Tennessee. So what do you expect? We're all a product of too much inbreeding, you know.
Btw, I now have "Readers Cramp" from going through all the many Tutorials on this wonderful site. Wow, so much info. Thanks.