Reference this thread: Amazing Network Problem.
Router: D-Link d-524 V4000
Ethernet: Nforce via mobo Gigabyte GM-A570SLIv2
I am having similar problems as with the linked thread. What happened with me was I needed to download drivers
for my 2nd pc because the wireless had issues. So I unplugged my Cat-5 cable from my main pc that was working and then plugged it into my 2nd pc. I downlaoded the drivers and then reconnected the cable back into the main pc. That's when the problems began. My 2nd pc is the exact same setup as my main other than the processor is different and it works great. Things I have done:
1. Connected straight to DSL modem.
2. Reset both modem/router
3. IPconfig shows the 169 IP.
4. Pinged the NIC with no loss of packets.
5. Reloaded the drivers via mobo CD(Vista x64)
6. Started in safe mode w/networking
7. Restarted DHCP Client
8. Verified configuration matched the other pc.
9. Reinstalled Iv4 using c:/windows/inf
10. Bought a PCI adapter in case the mobo connection was bad. Didn't work either.
I can't even access the router or modem on the main pc. I tried a static IP but will try what was suggested in the linked thread when I get home today. If you need snipits I can do that once I get home. I'll provide anything you need. Most of the snipits in the link thread have the same info as mine would that's why I linked it. Thanks in advance for the help.