Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi

14 Apr 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi

'Hello, this is my first post here, so I am sorry if anything is confusing.

The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me, in order to solve my problem

A few days ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine. But then, I turned my computer off, the next day, everything started up as normal, with Windows 7 Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then, the network connecter won't automatically start. So I was left without internet for a bit. Whats more, I noticed that the taskbar, which was always semi-transparent before, is now white. As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open, turned into blue!

Is computer has always ran Windows 7 as far as I am aware, but e way the taskbar, and the title bars, are behaving, reminds me of windows xp.

I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem. I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel, and tried to "Connect to a network". But it didn't detect any wifi servers! Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used, and I am using wifi on that server at this moment!

When I tried to use troubleshoot on my "internet connections", it first showed me that the issue was "The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running" but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again, it doesn't show any problems detected

And with the problem of the taskbar, I tried to search solutions, and found some. I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on "personalize". And my sources tol me to select an aero theme. However, all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out, and I am unable to select any of them. The only theme that I am able to select is my "unsaved theme", which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it, and the bottom, which is the white portion, and has a black bar across it. All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable...

I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now, would somebody please help me? Alnost all other programs are functioning fine, but the wifi is not connecting(Oh, and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness)

All help are thanked!

BTW, I wrote this on my iPad mini

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Apr 2013   #2

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zero View Post
'Hello, this is my first post here, so I am sorry if anything is confusing.

The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me, in order to solve my problem

A few days ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine. But then, I turned my computer off, the next day, everything started up as normal, with Windows 7 Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then, the network connecter won't automatically start. So I was left without internet for a bit. Whats more, I noticed that the taskbar, which was always semi-transparent before, is now white. As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open, turned into blue!

Is computer has always ran Windows 7 as far as I am aware, but e way the taskbar, and the title bars, are behaving, reminds me of windows xp.

I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem. I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel, and tried to "Connect to a network". But it didn't detect any wifi servers! Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used, and I am using wifi on that server at this moment!

When I tried to use troubleshoot on my "internet connections", it first showed me that the issue was "The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running" but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again, it doesn't show any problems detected

And with the problem of the taskbar, I tried to search solutions, and found some. I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on "personalize". And my sources tol me to select an aero theme. However, all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out, and I am unable to select any of them. The only theme that I am able to select is my "unsaved theme", which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it, and the bottom, which is the white portion, and has a black bar across it. All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable...

I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now, would somebody please help me? Alnost all other programs are functioning fine, but the wifi is not connecting(Oh, and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness)

All help are thanked!

BTW, I wrote this on my iPad mini
No idea what the problem might be but it doesn't sound good.

Have you considered using System Restore to take your system back to when it was working correctly?

This would be by far the easiest way to fix this type of problem, the link shows you how.

System Restore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I will check for restore points, but I would like find a less extreme way if possible
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Apr 2013   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi if system retore does not work please try following:

For taskbar turning white:

Please try the following to resolve the issue.

Right click on an empty space on your desktop
click on personalize
click on Windows Color and Appearance
click on Open Classic Windows Properties
Set color scheme to Windows Aero

Please check these services are started and set to automatic unless otherwise stated go to start>control panel>administrative Tasks>Services

• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser is set to manual
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wired Autoconfig is set to manual(wired ethernet connections only)
• Wireless Zero Configuration ( XP wireless configurations only)
• WLAN AutoConfig ( Vista/7 wireless configurations only)
• Workstation
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I will check for restore points, but I would like find a less extreme way if possible
It's not extreme at all really, it simply takes your system files back to how they were before the problems started. It's by far the safest and easiest way to fix these types of problems.

System Restore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
Hi if system retore does not work please try following:

For taskbar turning white:

Please try the following to resolve the issue.

Right click on an empty space on your desktop
click on personalize
click on Windows Color and Appearance
click on Open Classic Windows Properties
Set color scheme to Windows Aero

Please check these services are started and set to automatic unless otherwise stated go to start>control panel>administrative Tasks>Services

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues) (Disabled)
Computer Browser is set to manual (it is now)
DHCP Client (disabled)
DNS Client (disabled)
Network Connections(manual)
Network Location Awareness(disabled)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server(started, automatic)
TCP/IP Netbios helper(disabled)
Wired Autoconfig is set to manual(wired ethernet connections only)
Wireless Zero Configuration ( XP wireless configurations only) (Disabled)
WLAN AutoConfig ( Vista/7 wireless configurations only)
Workstation(disabled)

For the first one, all the aero themes are disabled, or greyed lit, for some reason...

I listed the statuses of the services you mentioned in the quotes... What should I do with them?

Its a windows 7 btw, but with a xp taskbar for some reason...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I will check for restore points, but I would like find a less extreme way if possible
It's not extreme at all really, it simply takes your system files back to how they were before the problems started. It's by far the safest and easiest way to fix these types of problems.

System Restore
According to it when I tried to run rsteui.exe:
System restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system
A volume shadow copy service cmponent encountered at an unexpected error. Check the application event log for more information (0x80042302)

WTF!?

O_O
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #8

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I will check for restore points, but I would like find a less extreme way if possible
It's not extreme at all really, it simply takes your system files back to how they were before the problems started. It's by far the safest and easiest way to fix these types of problems.

System Restore
According to it when I tried to run rsteui.exe:
System restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system
A volume shadow copy service cmponent encountered at an unexpected error. Check the application event log for more information (0x80042302)

WTF!?

O_O
Yes it sounds like it's royally messed up. You might first try running these commands.

In an elevated command prompt type or copy.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Then let it run until it completes and reboot system.

Then run the sfc/scannow command, let it run and reboot. Let me know what it says after the sfc/scannow command, and then check to see if any of the problems are fixed. If not see if you can run system restore or not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

The guide below may help you troubleshoot the aero themes:
How to enable Windows 7 Aero theme?

All the services should be set to automatic and started with the exception of the following which can be left as they are:

Computer Browser is set to manual (it is now)
Wired Autoconfig is set to manual(wired ethernet connections only)
Wireless Zero Configuration ( XP wireless configurations only) (Disabled)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Thanks guys, I will try what cyber,an said first then your's
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33