I work in an enterprise environment and our users have Cisco VPN Client Version 5.0.7.0440 installed on their laptops. One of my customers recently got a new Common Access Card. We changed her client configuration to adjust for the correct cert, but she was still unable to VPN in. After closer inspection, we discovered that after changing the cert that she needs to VPN in, and then clicking Save, when we re-open the configuration, it has been changed back to a different cert. If I change the config manually by editing the .pcf file and then saving, when I re-open the file, the CertStore field has blanked itself out. This problem occurs before we even try to make the connection.
We have tried the following things to resolve this issue:
1. Uninstalling and re-installing VPN.
2. Installing older versions of VPN.
3. Other users log onto her machine and do not have this problem.
4. She logs onto other machines that she has never used, and she has this same problem.
5. Tried re-loading her certs.
6. She went to try to get her CAC replaced on the off-chance that the chip was bad, and they refused to replace it since the CAC passes their tests.
We are completely out of ideas here. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!