Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 2 Routers makes my internet weird.

02 May 2013   #1
sisrace

 
2 Routers makes my internet weird.

Hello!
My dad just hooked up another router to the fiberoptics input, becouse when we only had one the router was crashing all the time becouse it can't handle 6 smartphones, 3 ipads, 4 desktop computers and 5 laptops.
So He put up another so now we have one for phones and tabets and one for computers. But. my laptop keeps changing from the main one to the secondary one. and when i make it so it only can connect to one of them it's like one of the routers crash until i change to the other one and then starts working. but when i change to the other working one, the same thing happends. I Dont have ANY problems with tablets, phones, or any other laptops or desktops. Only with my computer. But my computer runs fine with ethernet hooked up. that i usally use while using it in desktop mode.

It could be a problem with two routers hooked up to the fiberoptic input but it really shouldnt...
Thanks for your help!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 May 2013   #2
bassfisher6522

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Chances are that if all other PC's and wifi devices connect fine to this setup then as you stated, the problem lies with your laptop, either a software or driver issue. Have you tried updating your wifi adapter of your laptop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #3
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
Chances are that if all other PC's and wifi devices connect fine to this setup then as you stated, the problem lies with your laptop, either a software or driver issue. Have you tried updating your wifi adapter of your laptop.


Yes. probably i have updated as much as i can but it wont work. i have been asking Hp but no answer. i have been asking the one who gave me it ( WWF ) but no answer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 May 2013   #4
bassfisher6522

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

How is the 2nd router connected to the network? If this were my setup and I need a 2nd wifi router. I would connect the 2nd wifi router to a separate PC and set it up with it's own SSID and password. Then manually change the mobile devices...eg ipods and ipads to connect to the 2nd wifi router and let the desktops/laptops connect to the 1st wifi router with it's own SSID and password.

So essentially you would have 2 separate networks with in one dwelling....it's done all the time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #5
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
How is the 2nd router connected to the network? If this were my setup and I need a 2nd wifi router. I would connect the 2nd wifi router to a separate PC and set it up with it's own SSID and password. Then manually change the mobile devices...eg ipods and ipads to connect to the 2nd wifi router and let the desktops/laptops connect to the 1st wifi router with it's own SSID and password.

So essentially you would have 2 separate networks with in one dwelling....it's done all the time.


i dont know how ita hooked up. but it doo have seperate passwords. but like i said. i loses connection to the routers so i have to change all the time, i cant whait becouse it dont work.


And yeah. its pretty much like if its two seperate internets.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2013   #6
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sisrace View Post
Hello!
My dad just hooked up another router to the fiberoptics input, becouse when we only had one the router was crashing all the time becouse it can't handle 6 smartphones, 3 ipads, 4 desktop computers and 5 laptops.
So He put up another so now we have one for phones and tabets and one for computers. But. my laptop keeps changing from the main one to the secondary one. and when i make it so it only can connect to one of them it's like one of the routers crash until i change to the other one and then starts working. but when i change to the other working one, the same thing happends. I Dont have ANY problems with tablets, phones, or any other laptops or desktops. Only with my computer. But my computer runs fine with ethernet hooked up. that i usally use while using it in desktop mode.

It could be a problem with two routers hooked up to the fiberoptic input but it really shouldnt...
Thanks for your help!
If you are going to run two routers you need to set them up correctly so they will work together, simply plugging in the Ethernet cable's won't cut it.

The link below explains the required router settings.
Setting up router behind another router.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 2 Routers makes my internet weird.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Weird random slow motion effect makes PC unusable
OK, so every few weeks, I get a problem where, often when I am watching TV (though that may be a red herring as I often have it on) , the sound becomes completely distorted, and if I try and move the mouse, the cursor will jump rather than move smoothly i.e. as if the framerate has gone down to 1/2...
Performance & Maintenance
PC makes weird noise when im not moving my cursor
So,yeah....I just have this extremely annoying sound comming out of my PC...I was searching some other threads, and I just couldn't find the fix for it...pls help :C
Performance & Maintenance
Computer sometimes freezes, makes weird static noises from the speaker
Hi again; I've posted here before (http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/135266-bsod.html) and it was determined that there was a possible problem with my motherboard. But before I sent it away to be repaired/replaced, I decided just to let a computer store have a quick look at it. Turns...
BSOD Help and Support
HDMI cable makes startup freeze, VERY weird.
I recently bought a HDMI cable for my new monitor to my laptop, and after I accidentally pulled out the ppower to my tv, the laptop does not register the HDMI cable. I try to restart, but my computer CRASHES at startup few seconds in, unless i pull out the HDMI, restart and after that it wont...
Graphic Cards
CD/DVD-ROM makes weird noises when opening certain programmes.
Hi, I have an Asus laptop about 4 months-old and out of the sudden, the CD-Rom driver started to make a noise when I reboot, when windows loads into desktop and sometimes after about 3 minutes within windows loads completely. That's 3 noises everytime I reboot! The BD-Rom driver also makes a...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows makes weird sound
I have windows 7 32 bit and I having a problem with my sound themes . Its set to windows default and l the orginal sounds are factory but when the computer turns off or on it makes a loud zoom noise . So I tried to look for the file on the computer to remove it couldn't find it. I changed the theme...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App