Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Bridging Connections To Increase Bandwidth with same IPS-Net provider


15 May 2013   #1

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate & Windows 8 CP 64-bit
 
 
Bridging Connections To Increase Bandwidth with same IPS-Net provider

Bridging Connections To Increase Bandwidth with same IPS-Net broadband provider


I want to use my same internet providers internet which is also my IPS Provider in India
1st-modem_router---connected to PC with LAN with speed of 512 kb/sec +unique username-pass
2nd-modem_router---connected to PC with Wi-Fi with speed of 512 Kb/sec +unique username-pass

and Bridge LAN + Wi-Fi

so I will get 1 Mb/sec speed on my windows PC for my IDM downloads, youtube and whole internet ??


there is no high speed internet plans in India , bz India is retard in Net Speed
so I have no other option than this
so may I go to my NET provider and apply for another broadband connection in my Home to get high speed on my Desktop


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 May 2013   #2
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Hi Pratik,

If you need to speed up your data connection, you will have to upgrade from the same ISP if possible or find another Provider that offers a higher bandwidth. It's sad that in your country speed is limited, sorry about that. Bridging won't help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2013   #3

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

If you do what you are trying to do you will not double the speed. Rather you will be splitting the bandwidth between wired and wifi.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 May 2013   #4

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate & Windows 8 CP 64-bit
 
 

How to Increase Bandwidth With Two or More Routers | Chron.com

please read above post on smallbusiness site

and tell me will it really work or not ??
and in case if it works then it will be painfull for my online games like BF3 & COD (ping unstable ) ??

Thanks in advanced
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2013   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PRATIK View Post
How to Increase Bandwidth With Two or More Routers | Chron.com

please read above post on smallbusiness site

and tell me will it really work or not ??
and in case if it works then it will be painfull for my online games like BF3 & COD (ping unstable ) ??

Thanks in advanced
You already have got an answer. You do not get faster internet bridging two routers. Answer is NO, it will not work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2013   #6

Fedora 18 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PRATIK View Post
Bridging Connections To Increase Bandwidth with same IPS-Net broadband provider


I want to use my same internet providers internet which is also my IPS Provider in India
1st-modem_router---connected to PC with LAN with speed of 512 kb/sec +unique username-pass
2nd-modem_router---connected to PC with Wi-Fi with speed of 512 Kb/sec +unique username-pass

and Bridge LAN + Wi-Fi

so I will get 1 Mb/sec speed on my windows PC for my IDM downloads, youtube and whole internet ??


there is no high speed internet plans in India , bz India is retard in Net Speed
so I have no other option than this
so may I go to my NET provider and apply for another broadband connection in my Home to get high speed on my Desktop
Typically DSL is limited by signal-noise ratio, however 512k is quite low for DSL these days. By having two separate DSL modems connected to a provider you will have two separate pipes to the internet. I'm not sure what sort of load balancing windows 7 offers, but in situations where you are connecting to more than one address at a time (such as torrents), you will see a speed up. Direct downloads will not speed up at all: they will only use one of the pipes.

Browsing does involve multiple connections, such as to ad servers etc. If you live in a household with multiple users then it may be worth it. I would look into an openwrt device with two wan ports: here is a good thread.

Generally though, load balancing is more of a headache than it is worth (read through the thread I linked).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2013   #7
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Online gaming, downloading/uploading, using P2P programs, video streaming are all bandwidth hoggers. Your current bandwidth is too low and if you are sharing this with someone in your home it's not going to help at all. We've given you answers, and the only way that you will be able to have a fast speed internet is upgrading your bandwidth (if possible).
Quote:
online games like BF3 & COD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2013   #8

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate & Windows 8 CP 64-bit
 
 

I understood

Thanks everyone

its impossible to get high speed internet in India
2mb/sec unlimited plan for 220 $ per month

but I have contacted to my local private-new born company
they Promise me to give 2 mb/sec plan for 35$/month

hope they will complete their promise
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2013   #9
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Good luck PRATIK.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PRATIK View Post
I understood

Thanks everyone

its impossible to get high speed internet in India
2mb/sec unlimited plan for 220 $ per month

but I have contacted to my local private-new born company
they Promise me to give 2 mb/sec plan for 35$/month

hope they will complete their promise
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Bridging Connections To Increase Bandwidth with same IPS-Net provider




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Bridging Connections To Increase Bandwidth with same IPS-Net provider
Thread Forum
Adding Multiple NIC to increase bandwidth Network & Sharing
Solved Bridging Connections To My Xbox Network & Sharing
Bridging connections with windows 7 and xbox 360? Network & Sharing
Bridging Connections Network & Sharing
Advanced Bridging/Bandwidth doubler? Network & Sharing
Bridging connections on my Dell Optiplex 755 computer Network & Sharing
Admin issues preventing bridging connections Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33