Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: internet sharing laptop to ipad


17 Jun 2013   #1

windowes 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
internet sharing laptop to ipad

I am tiring to share my internet connection from my laptop to my ipad. my internet is wifi and when I go to network sharing to set up a ad hoc temp. it says I have successfully setup the network and my ipad
recognizes it, but it does not have internet access. When I complete the ad hoc network it drops my
wifi network. Every thing I have read says to connect to the internet with a cable before you share
with another device. does this mean I cannot share when I am connected wifi?
How can I keep my wifi connected when I use ad hoc? Or is there another way to share?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jun 2013   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 ; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
 
 

In order for ad hoc internet sharing you need to have the host device connected to the internet service via cable or separate wireless card since only one IP address can be used per card. May I ask why you want to share your internet connection and tether your iPad at the same time? Logic would say why not just connect both devices to the main wireless network.

The idea of ad hoc connection was to be able to use a connected device as a wireless access point to the network

Josh!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2013   #3

windowes 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowjk View Post
In order for ad hoc internet sharing you need to have the host device connected to the internet service via cable or separate wireless card since only one IP address can be used per card. May I ask why you want to share your internet connection and tether your iPad at the same time? Logic would say why not just connect both devices to the main wireless network.

The idea of ad hoc connection was to be able to use a connected device as a wireless access point to the network

Josh!
Thanks for the reply
My laptop receives the wifi signal good but the ipad is in and out with the signal. I think the signal
from the laptop would be strong for the ipad.




believe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jun 2013   #4

32bit windows7
 
 

Try changing wireless channel on router or even look at reducing security to wep encryption. This may help !!

Also what you could do, reset network settings on iPad do this by going to - Settings-General-Reset at the very bottom Reset Network settings.

But always remember only network settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2013   #5

windowes 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by David1974m View Post
Try changing wireless channel on router or even look at reducing security to wep encryption. This may help !!

Also what you could do, reset network settings on iPad do this by going to - Settings-General-Reset at the very bottom Reset Network settings.

But always remember only network settings.
Do not have access to the router.I am receiving the wifi from a cable co. that also sells wifi internet
have reset the network settings and still don't have a strong signal to ipad. I understand the ipad
has a weak antenna. I have heard of a program that will let you share a wifi signal but don't
know the name
,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2013   #6

32bit windows7
 
 

Who is your cable company, ie what is your default gateway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2013   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 ; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
 
 

Please do not reduce your security if you have or had access to your router since WEP is now insufficient standard and any joe blogs can hack it with the right knowledge.

You may want to check this website out to see if works or not. Please be advised that this may not be compatible with Windows 7 and I have not tried these steps myself so please proceed at your own discretion

How To Create Wireless Ad Hoc Internet Connection In Windows 8

Hope This Helps,
Josh!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2013   #8

32bit windows7
 
 

Is it Virtual router that you want to download to the laptop if it is follow this instruction it may help you

http://www.omgureka.com/2013/03/Shar...le-Device.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2013   #9

windowes 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by David1974m View Post
Is it Virtual router that you want to download to the laptop if it is follow this instruction it may help you

Turn Your PC Into A Wifi Router And Share Your Home Internet With Any Device | OMG EUREKA - Tech Blog
Wow read all and went to virtual router web site and down loaded the free program and it worked
great my ipad is now receiving a strong signal and is working fine, still playing with the program
Thanks. great info
Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2013   #10

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 ; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
 
 

No worries, Glad your problem is solved! I will now request this page to be marked as solved however please don't hesitate to post back for queries!

Josh!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 internet sharing laptop to ipad




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33