Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: internet connection has limited or no connectivity


28 Jun 2013   #1

windows 7 home 64 bit
 
 
internet connection has limited or no connectivity

hello SevenForumers, i am new to this but it was recommended to me. i am currently on a desktop, because my laptop has an issue, whenever connecting to a network it works for a short while then it stops, i am still connected to the network but with no internet. it says i have "limited or no connectivity". i have done a system restore, i have deleted my networks, i have copied my internet settings from this desktop (IP, DNS, default gateway etc...) and nothing seems to work, it may be due to the fact that i recently tried to set up a static ip address, and that didn't work, but i swear i put it back, i set to detect IP automatically and same with DNS, and not working. like i said i get connection for about half a minute then it dies on me every time. is there anyway i can reset the networks EVERYTHING to default factory settings or whatever? i NEED the internet on this computer, thanks everyone so much!

Quick update---------------------
I Just did a reboot and i followed these steps
msconfig
services
hide all microsoft services
deselect all
reboot
this SHOULD have helped me isolate the problem right? looked great for 10 minutes, then it happened again... WHAT could it BE??? this is starting to really bug me, please help!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jun 2013   #2

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Please use this tool to post all the files here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxwellwood View Post
hello SevenForumers, i am new to this but it was recommended to me. i am currently on a desktop, because my laptop has an issue, whenever connecting to a network it works for a short while then it stops, i am still connected to the network but with no internet. it says i have "limited or no connectivity". i have done a system restore, i have deleted my networks, i have copied my internet settings from this desktop (IP, DNS, default gateway etc...) and nothing seems to work, it may be due to the fact that i recently tried to set up a static ip address, and that didn't work, but i swear i put it back, i set to detect IP automatically and same with DNS, and not working. like i said i get connection for about half a minute then it dies on me every time. is there anyway i can reset the networks EVERYTHING to default factory settings or whatever? i NEED the internet on this computer, thanks everyone so much!

Quick update---------------------
I Just did a reboot and i followed these steps
msconfig
services
hide all microsoft services
deselect all
reboot
this SHOULD have helped me isolate the problem right? looked great for 10 minutes, then it happened again... WHAT could it BE??? this is starting to really bug me, please help!
You should really start up in Safe Mode with Networking in order to narrow down the problem. If the problem doesn't persist in safe mode then the problem is caused from an installed program or A/V software.

Option three number five in the link below shows you how to start up in safe mode with networking.

Safe Mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jun 2013   #4

windows 7 home 64 bit
 
 

it does still occur in safemode with networking
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxwellwood View Post
it does still occur in safemode with networking
You should first try resetting your modem or router.

After that unzip and run the file below which will reset everything network related on your system, your machine should reboot automatically after you run the file.


Attached Files
File Type: zip IPResetALL.zip (33.6 KB, 12 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2013   #6

windows 7 home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Please use this tool to post all the files here

here you go


Attached Files
File Type: rar SF_01-07-2013.rar (761.6 KB, 3 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2013   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Whenever you have these issues, do as suggested. Reset the router ( although you really shouldn`t have to keep doing that ) and run the network troubleshooter and let us know what that says.

right-click the network icon and choose troubleshoot problems
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2013   #8

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Maxwell

First of remove Avast Antivirus and Firewall.. Based on the files you have uploaded i can see you had 3 BSOD's recently, the latest on 13/6/2013..... It was caused by Avast. Use MSE instead for Antivirus and you can use the default Windows Firewall for most of your needs.

Secondly you are not using DHCP... you would need to check the services to confirm if is enabled as well as confirm in the network setting again if the settings are set to get IP automatically.

Once you used the above two... Try the solution provided by Chev65.

Let me know .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2013   #9

windows 7 home 64 bit
 
 

yes i have had some BSOD's recently, and thank you i had no idea what they where from, but i had been told it might be a firewall thing so even uninstalled avast and that did nothing, i disabled all firewalls and i had uninstalled avast, and it still occured, secondly i dont know exactly what DHCP is, so i wouldn't know how to enable it, if you could provide steps i would be very grateful!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2013   #10

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxwellwood View Post
yes i have had some BSOD's recently, and thank you i had no idea what they where from, but i had been told it might be a firewall thing so even uninstalled avast and that did nothing, i disabled all firewalls and i had uninstalled avast, and it still occured, secondly i dont know exactly what DHCP is, so i wouldn't know how to enable it, if you could provide steps i would be very grateful!
When you uninstalled Avast did you use one of the uninstallation tools made for the job? If not you need too.

Did you run the IPReset tool I posted earlier?

Avast Removal Tool - Avast Remover
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 internet connection has limited or no connectivity




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: internet connection has limited or no connectivity
Thread Forum
Wireless connection Limited connectivity Network & Sharing
Asus G74 wired connection issues, limited or no connectivity Network & Sharing
Solved Wont connect to internet. Limited or no connectivity Network & Sharing
Solved Internet wireless connection: "Limited Connectivity" in one machine! Network & Sharing
Solved Limited internet connectivity... Network & Sharing
Strange Limited Internet Connectivity Network & Sharing
Limited or no connectivity with a wireless connection. Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33