Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows or ISP cache ip address

17 Oct 2009   #1
jestin

xp
 
 
windows or ISP cache ip address

Hello ,

i have some webasites in internet ,

when i change NS ( name server ) of domains , it`s take around 3-4 days to be set and then we can ping the new ip ,

i know that it might take 24Hours to be set but i can ping and see new Server when i`m using windows XP in the same computer and also my laptop which has connected to the same ADSL

So , The problem is not because of my isp , i have removed all the IE cookies and history files , and tried all the below ways but still having same problem

Remove Cookies & History files
CTRL + F5
Flush DNS command in CMD (C:\>ipconfig /flushdns )


is there any cache service/server available in win 7 ?
Let me know is there any any another option in win7 to solve the problem ?


Thank U


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Oct 2009   #2
H2SO4

Win7x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jestin View Post
...
when i change NS ( name server ) of domains , it`s take around 3-4 days to be set and then we can ping the new ip ,
If you can't even ping the IP address then it's got nothing to do with name resolution, or perhaps that's not what you meant?

If it is a name resolution thing after all, IE does have an internal DNS cache but again that shouldn't affect your results with ping.exe, so it's nothing to do with IE.

You can disable the DNS cache this way - from an elevated CMD prompt: NET STOP DNSCACHE
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #3
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Oct 2009   #4
jestin

xp
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jestin View Post
...
when i change NS ( name server ) of domains , it`s take around 3-4 days to be set and then we can ping the new ip ,
If you can't even ping the IP address then it's got nothing to do with name resolution, or perhaps that's not what you meant?

If it is a name resolution thing after all, IE does have an internal DNS cache but again that shouldn't affect your results with ping.exe, so it's nothing to do with IE.

You can disable the DNS cache this way - from an elevated CMD prompt: NET STOP DNSCACHE

Hello , i have already tried "NET STOP DNSCACHE"

System error 5 has occurred
Access is Denied


MY User is Administrator

My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #5
H2SO4

Win7x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jestin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jestin View Post
...
when i change NS ( name server ) of domains , it`s take around 3-4 days to be set and then we can ping the new ip ,
If you can't even ping the IP address then it's got nothing to do with name resolution, or perhaps that's not what you meant?

If it is a name resolution thing after all, IE does have an internal DNS cache but again that shouldn't affect your results with ping.exe, so it's nothing to do with IE.

You can disable the DNS cache this way - from an elevated CMD prompt: NET STOP DNSCACHE

Hello , i have already tried "NET STOP DNSCACHE"

System error 5 has occurred
Access is Denied


MY User is Administrator
Do it from an elevated (run as admin) CMD prompt.

Anyway, check what I mentioned about none of this mattering if you can't ping by IP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows or ISP cache ip address




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Icon Cache seems to be not working in Windows 7
Every time I restart Windows 7, it has to rebuild my icon cache. I say this because every time I open a folder with files that have icon pictures on them, they load for about 5 seconds. This is also true for icons in the Start Menu. I'm on a Crucial M4 SSD and disabled Superfetch as it is...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 installation on a HDD with Flash Cache
Hi guys, I don't know whether I should be posting this here or in the Installation and setup department, but anyway :) I am doing a clean install of Windows 7 on my friend's new Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, which has a 500GB HDD with a 16GB SSD (Flash) Cache (Samsung 530U3B i5-2467M, 4096MB,...
Installation & Setup
'No Internet Access' IP address shows router not the modem IP address
Hey everyone. I've ran into a problem that I can't quite figure out. My internet connection shows 'no internet access' even though my ISP shows the connection is coming into the house just fine. I usually use a router (NetGear-WNR3500U) but I right now I have the Ethernet connection plugged...
Network & Sharing
Windows 7 using old version of program from cache?
I am working with a netbook containing Windows 7 Starter. Last week I created a folder in C:\Program Files. Why did I do this? Well for many years I have had several XP computers set up this way for an MS Access database and all activity occurs in this folder. So I copied the access...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Thumbnail Cache Keeps Deleting Itself!
The thumbnail cache randomly deletes itself, which means I have to recreate hundreds of thumbnails. This has been my only problem with 7, since beta. I've now tried it out on rtm and it's still doing this. Clean install... I'm not running disk cleanup, haven't even installed ccleaner, so I...
General Discussion
Windows Media Center - Refreshing the cache?
I am trying to like Media Center but I've got some issues that are testing my resolve! 1) It reports double the number of tracks for some albums. When I goto an album to view the track listing every track is listed twice. 2) If I go to an artist it lists the albums ... but some of those...
Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App