Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No Internet Icon but Internet is present


25 Sep 2013   #1
jimnycricket

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
No Internet Icon but Internet is present

I have this notification and yet I have internet
-nointerneticon.jpg




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Sep 2013   #2
Rawad

Windows 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimnycricket View Post
I have this notification and yet I have internet
Attachment 287306
Your Internet is working , however your network Icon has a red X?
Is that the issue that's occurring with you?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2013   #3
jimnycricket

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Exactly. Odd, right? I can't trust that icon so I end up opening a browser to make sure that the internet is up and running.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Sep 2013   #4
Rawad

Windows 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimnycricket View Post
Exactly. Odd, right? I can't trust that icon so I end up opening a browser to make sure that the internet is up and running.
It's normal, don't worry about it . Will help you get it fixed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2013   #5
jimnycricket

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rawad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimnycricket View Post
Exactly. Odd, right? I can't trust that icon so I end up opening a browser to make sure that the internet is up and running.
It's normal, don't worry about it . Will help you get it fixed
LOL... how is this inconsistency a normal occurance...? Thanks in advance in getting this thing fixed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2013   #6
Rawad

Windows 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimnycricket View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rawad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimnycricket View Post
Exactly. Odd, right? I can't trust that icon so I end up opening a browser to make sure that the internet is up and running.
It's normal, don't worry about it . Will help you get it fixed
LOL... how is this inconsistency a normal occurance...? Thanks in advance in getting this thing fixed.
Many Computers error in this world.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2013   #7
andrew129260

Windows 7 Professional x64 Sp1
 
 

That's not normal. Do you use a wireless connection? Or just Ethernet?

1.) Have you tried running windows updates and seeing if under optional updates there is a updated driver for networking/Ethernet?

2.) Have you tried right clicking the networking icon and running the troubleshooter?

3.) You could also try downloading ccleaner and selecting the "clear notifications icon cache" and clearing it. Then restart and see what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2013   #8
jimnycricket

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

I have done 1 and 2. I am not too keen on#3 option. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2013   #9
Rawad

Windows 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
That's not normal. Do you use a wireless connection? Or just Ethernet?

1.) Have you tried running windows updates and seeing if under optional updates there is a updated driver for networking/Ethernet?

2.) Have you tried right clicking the networking icon and running the troubleshooter?

3.) You could also try downloading ccleaner and selecting the "clear notifications icon cache" and clearing it. Then restart and see what happens.

Andrew I typed that accidentally , and it isn't normal. Have you tried looking for the driver online?. Please give me your Model Number so I can find your driver. It can be a driver issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2013   #10
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimnycricket View Post
I have done 1 and 2. I am not too keen on#3 option. Thanks.
Hello Jimney,

No worries, resetting your notification area icons will not harm your PC. If you like, use the tutorial below to do so without having to install or use 3rd party software to do so.

Notification Area Icons - Reset

If that doesn't help, then disabling and enabling your network adapter will sometimes help to toggle the icon back to normal.

Network Connections - Create Shortcut

-network.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No Internet Icon but Internet is present




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: No Internet Icon but Internet is present
Thread Forum
internet connection present, but no browser works. Network & Sharing
Change Icon Of Internet Shortcut Browsers & Mail
Internet Problems through Windows - Not present in Ubuntu General Discussion
Red X on Internet Icon in the Taskbar Network & Sharing
Solved internet icon... Network & Sharing
Internet Access icon Network & Sharing
Internet Explorer Icon Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App