Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer Randomly Disconnects From The Internet For A Few Seconds.

12 Nov 2013   #11
Ccasarguedas

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 Bits
 
 

Tell me. Do you use a wireless router or comes with the modem? Do you connect your pc straight to the modem throught a cable or do you use wireless router?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Nov 2013   #12
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaughn Whynot View Post
Will do

model number is Motorola SBG6580
I figured that was the one. This particular modem/router has been plagued with the same problems as reported pretty much everywhere online. There is no common solution that I can find and this same problems has been around for a long time. It has nothing to do with Windows 7.

If you do a search you can't believe the number of complaints about the SBG6580 just randomly dropping connections on a regular basis.

I can only suggest using a regular modem, not a combo unit like a modem/router. Then connect the regular modem to a non ISP provided router. I have zero faith in these so called modem/routers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2013   #13
Vaughn Whynot

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaughn Whynot View Post
Will do

model number is Motorola SBG6580
I figured that was the one. This particular modem/router has been plagued with the same problems as reported pretty much everywhere online. There is no common solution that I can find and this same problems has been around for a long time. It has nothing to do with Windows 7.

If you do a search you can't believe the number of complaints about the SBG6580 just randomly dropping connections on a regular basis.

I can only suggest using a regular modem, not a combo unit like a modem/router. Then connect the regular modem to a non ISP provided router. I have zero faith in these so called modem/routers.
Hmm this might be an idea. I use to have a wireless router and a normal modem but they forced upgraded me to this damn thing. I can't go back either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Nov 2013   #14
HAVOC

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

I don't see why you can't. Maybe your internet provider just wants to be sure your are using a DOCSIS-3 modem. I have Comcast and bought my modem from BestBuy (will not lease anything from my internet provider) after I saw that it is a supported modem.

I'd suggest what chev65 said and see if you can get a separate modem and router. Check on Eastlink's website and see which ones are supported.

Maybe modems like this:
MOTOROLA SB6121 Modem - Newegg.com
or
Zoom 5341-00-00J Modem - Newegg.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2013   #15
Vaughn Whynot

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
I don't see why you can't. Maybe your internet provider just wants to be sure your are using a DOCSIS-3 modem. I have Comcast and bought my modem from BestBuy (will not lease anything from my internet provider) after I saw that it is a supported modem.

I'd suggest what chev65 said and see if you can get a separate modem and router. Check on Eastlink's website and see which ones are supported.

Maybe modems like this:
MOTOROLA SB6121 Modem - Newegg.com
or
Zoom 5341-00-00J Modem - Newegg.com
eastlink is a strange company. i cant use my own modem, the give the model free with my plan. now i can get the wireless disabled but will that solve my issue or is the current model from them just really bad
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2013   #16
Vaughn Whynot

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Sorry to double post another issue but maybe you kind sirs can help me with a related issue. I was given second hand ethernet pcie card to try and see if that was my issue but when I install it and boot my computer up.. it turns on but nothing else happens. I only ever used a onboard ethernet port so pcie ethernet cards are a mystery to me. What did i do wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2013   #17
HAVOC

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Do you have the correct drivers for the Ethernet PCI-E card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2013   #18
Vaughn Whynot

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
Do you have the correct drivers for the Ethernet PCI-E card?
yea, downloaded them from their site. but I don't even get chance to install the drivers because I can't even boot the computer up with the card installed.

unless i am doing something very stupid and noobish lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2013   #19
HAVOC

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaughn Whynot View Post
yea, downloaded them from their site. but I don't even get chance to install the drivers because I can't even boot the computer up with the card installed
Maybe you have the card installed incorrectly causing the computer not to boot. Can you post a pic of what the card/slot looks like?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2013   #20
Vaughn Whynot

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaughn Whynot View Post
yea, downloaded them from their site. but I don't even get chance to install the drivers because I can't even boot the computer up with the card installed
Maybe you have the card installed incorrectly causing the computer not to boot. Can you post a pic of what the card/slot looks like?
I know the card is a PCIe and the only slots i have left are PCIe since i installed my Radeon 5700 series. It just seems like it won't work with either slot on my mobo.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer Randomly Disconnects From The Internet For A Few Seconds.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer Disconnects every 30 Seconds (video inside to show problem)
Hello. So yesterday we went from using WiFi on all our computers to using Netgear Powerline. the speed jump was just amazing and i cant be more happy with it. But my brothers computer keeps Losing connection every 30 seconds or so while he plays a game or watches a live stream on Twitch TV. ...
Network & Sharing
Please Help. Computer Disconnects every 30 seconds. (video to show)
Hello. So yesterday we went from using WiFi on all our computers to using Netgear Powerline. the speed jump was just amazing and i cant be more happy with it. But my brothers computer keeps Losing connection every 30 seconds or so while he plays a game or watches a live stream on Twitch TV. ...
Network & Sharing
Win7 randomly disconnects from Internet
So, basically I'm posting for my GF who is all the way in Colorado. --------------- Win7 Pro. Randomly Disconnects from internet. Not the router. Is anything out of the ordinary with this ipconfig?
Network & Sharing
Internet Explorer randomly disconnects
Sometimes my Internet Explorer will randomly disconnect from the internet. Sometimes it will disconnect when I have left the computer for 10 minutes. Sometimes it will disconnect right in the middle of surfing the internet. It is only Internet Explorer because my anti-virus and my stand alone...
Browsers & Mail
Internet Disconnects randomly
Im back, and i've had sleep! :eek: So i have checked everything I can about this issue. Internet disconnects a lot, I get the yellow "Searching for connection" icon down the bottom right on my network icon in the system toolbar. The Dsl light goes out on my modem, Siemens Speedstream 4200, and...
Network & Sharing
Laptop disconnects from Internet randomly
Hi, I've been having this problem for the last couple of weeks now. I'm running Windows 7 and my laptop disconnects from the Internet every couple of hours but in the wireless network connection's window it says that I'm connected and a little yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:33.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App