|18 Nov 2013||#1|
| || |
Downloads starting & stopping
I'm having a problem with downloads that start and stop. Ex: a download will start (for about 3 or 4 sec), then stop (for 5 sec to almost a min) and continue doing this until download completes. I use DownThemAll (and have the most trouble with it) but have the same problem with Save Link as....
All downloads stop at about 1 or 2 sec before finish for up to 30 sec (or more) before completing.
Things that I have tried and do not correct the problem.
- Running Firefox (up to date) in Safe Mode.
- Resetting Firefox to default.
- Doing a Clean Boot.
- Running Win 7 in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Doing a System Restore to 3 days before problem started.
- Doing a restore of disk image of Macruim Reflect 5 days before problem started.
- Ran Win Malicious Tool (I run MSE, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes every night).
- Used Internet Explorer 10 and 11.
- Reset my cable router to default.
- Changed my router from 11 to 7 and 2 and 5, then back to 11.
- Tried to update my D-Link-131 Nano USB Adapter (none avail).
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter.
- Installed the adapter on my laptop - Same problem.
When the downloads stop, if I click anywhere on the screen, Firefox (or Explorer) freezes and the screen turns almost white and (not responding) shows up at top of page for about 20 secs. Can find nothing in Event Viewer for the time this happens.
This does not happen when using my laptop or another desktop on the same network. I've about run out of ideas to try and hope someone will suggest something I haven't tried.
Thanks for ANY help.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Downloads starting & stopping|
|HDD Stopping and Starting After BIOS Flash||Hardware & Devices|
|Flash player Starting and Stopping When Maximized||Music, Pictures & Video|
|DNS client service repeatedly stopping and starting every 20 mins||Network & Sharing|
|Fallout 3 stopping when starting a new game.||Gaming|
|Downloads stopping on monitor sleep||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.