Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: An Internet problem with loading websites and such

26 Dec 2013   #1
Deathtitan77

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
An Internet problem with loading websites and such

My brother has been having this issue where he can't connect to any websites but at the same time he is connected to Steam and can talk/chat with people. Even though he can do that, he still can't use Steam's main website.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Dec 2013   #2
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deathtitan77 View Post
My brother has been having this issue where he can't connect to any websites but at the same time he is connected to Steam and can talk/chat with people. Even though he can do that, he still can't use Steam's main website.
Your brother should try uninstalling which ever anti virus software that is installed on his system, it's best to use the special tool that is made for removing the particular A/V software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2013   #3
Deathtitan77

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deathtitan77 View Post
My brother has been having this issue where he can't connect to any websites but at the same time he is connected to Steam and can talk/chat with people. Even though he can do that, he still can't use Steam's main website.
Your brother should try uninstalling which ever anti virus software that is installed on his system, it's best to use the special tool that is made for removing the particular A/V software.
But it was working perfectly fine with the anti virus before?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Dec 2013   #4
Deathtitan77

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

It was a type of virus that stopped all downloads.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2013   #5
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deathtitan77 View Post
It was a type of virus that stopped all downloads.
The fact that the A/V at one time didn't cause problem and suddenly does cause problems is exactly what they are famous for. Creating rules out of the blue to prevent people from going where they want. About the only thing I can do is to point people in the right direction because Windows has no such problems.

I can't possible know what causes these problems, last time it was the anti virus causing the exact same problem, this time it's an actual virus, or so you say, I'm not sure which is worse at this point.

The fact remains that if the anti virus is so great then how did the virus get on the machine to begin with?

Either way there is no way to win but the problem is solved in either case.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2013   #6
Deathtitan77

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deathtitan77 View Post
It was a type of virus that stopped all downloads.
The fact that the A/V at one time didn't cause problem and suddenly does cause problems is exactly what they are famous for. Creating rules out of the blue to prevent people from going where they want. About the only thing I can do is to point people in the right direction because Windows has no such problems.

I can't possible know what causes these problems, last time it was the anti virus causing the exact same problem, this time it's an actual virus, or so you say, I'm not sure which is worse at this point.

The fact remains that if the anti virus is so great then how did the virus get on the machine to begin with?

Either way there is no way to win but the problem is solved in either case.


Yep, sorry about that. I do understand you can't know everything but I just wanted to point out the problem. You just replying to the thread is enough help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 An Internet problem with loading websites and such




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 on Login Internet Loading Problem
I've had my Dell Inspiron for about 2 years now its a Desktop PC and I have noticed a small problem the boot time on my computer runs around 20 seconds - 30. I log on everything is fine and when I go to my task bar this is what I see: http://i45.tinypic.com/6on385.png I've updated the drives...
General Discussion
Problems loading some websites Win 7
Hi all just joined in the hope you guys can help me sort my problem. I recently bought a new PC tower and all been working fine for the past month or so but about a week back it stopped loading some websites such as Yahoo, Paypal and a few others, also my emails are hit and miss, I use...
General Discussion
Strange problem loading images on many websites
Hi all, I am having a strange problem loading certain websites from my new computer. I'm sure there is a relatively straight forward solution to my problem, but I am too ignorant to solve it myself. I have done plenty of google searching, but so far have not uncovered any solutions. My PC...
Browsers & Mail
Browsers not loading random websites
Hi, I have 2 HP laptops one of which i bought recently named Pavilion DV6 and the other is a Compaq machine. Everything was fine until a couple of days back, issues starting cropping up - I have IE9, Firefox9 and Chrome in DV6 but all of these are not loading random websites (i noticed...
Browsers & Mail
Websites not completely loading
I've got a fairly new Dell Inspiron ONE computer with Window 7. Every since I bought it new some website home pages intermittently will not load completely. Sometimes I can refresh the page and it will open. I keep the cookies along with defragging on a regular basis. After clearing cookies I can...
Browsers & Mail
Problem With Internet 32 bit loading
I have a Packard Bell EasyNote TJ65. My problem is that when I click on the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop along the bottom of the screen, the internet does not load properly. The white screen comes up as normal and the timer icon comes on as if its about to load up but nothing happens no...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App