Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New Pc keeps disconnecting from the internet

26 May 2014   #1
BanjoDrummer

Windows 7 professional x64
 
 
New Pc keeps disconnecting from the internet

On my self built pc, I am experiencing internet problems. On the network icon on the taskbar, it keeps getting the exclamation point in the yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot, it says "the connection between your access point router and the internet is broken".

My laptop is connected wirelessly and is not having any connection problems. My pc is the only one using an ethernet cable and is having issues.

Any suggestions?

(I have already tried shutting off the router and then restarting it. Sometimes is fixes it for a couple of minutes and then I get the exclamation point again. Other times, I restart it and the issue still persists)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 May 2014   #2
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi from Sevenforums,

Can you fill in as many details as you can see below:
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

Could you also post a screenshot of device manger under network adapters with your ethernet controller showing under general.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2014   #3
BanjoDrummer

Windows 7 professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
Hi from Sevenforums,

Can you fill in as many details as you can see below:
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

Could you also post a screenshot of device manger under network adapters with your ethernet controller showing under general.
1. Wired
2. (ISP) Verizon
3. (Broadband connection) Fios
4. Verizon M1424 rev. f
5. Microsoft security essentials


Attached Thumbnails
New Pc keeps disconnecting from the internet-ipconfig.png  
Attached Images
New Pc keeps disconnecting from the internet-ethernet-controller.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 May 2014   #4
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

This is the preferred, best way to upload an image or a file to a post.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Press the ALT and PrntScrn keys at the same time, this will capture only the active window to use in Paint or your preferred graphics editor.


You may also upload a photo or image you already have on your PC, as you would a file, without using the Snipping tool.


The ipconfig info will be helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2014   #5
BanjoDrummer

Windows 7 professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
This is the preferred, best way to upload an image or a file to a post.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Press the ALT and PrntScrn keys at the same time, this will capture only the active window to use in Paint or your preferred graphics editor.


You may also upload a photo or image you already have on your PC, as you would a file, without using the Snipping tool.


The ipconfig info will be helpful.
I already have the screen shots of them but I have no internet on that computer and cannot upload them
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2014   #6
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

I missed the screenshots, where are they?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2014   #7
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BanjoDrummer View Post
~~~
I already have the screen shots of them but I have no internet on that computer and cannot upload them
Can you transfer them to your laptop using a thumb drive (flash drive, flash stick) and upload them that way?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2014   #8
BanjoDrummer

Windows 7 professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
Can you transfer them to your laptop using a thumb drive (flash drive, flash stick) and upload them that way?

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't believe I didn't think about that with 2 flash drives sitting right next to me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2014   #9
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Thank you for the info but need a but need all the ipconfig info.

In the meantime you could update your drivers to the latest.

You could change the ethernet cable for a known good working one.

Thanks to Britton30.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2014   #10
BanjoDrummer

Windows 7 professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
Thank you for the info but need a but need all the ipconfig info.

In the meantime you could update your drivers to the latest.

You could change the ethernet cable for a known good working one.

Thanks to Britton30.
that is all the ipconfig info that showed up when I entered ipconfig /all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New Pc keeps disconnecting from the internet




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access)
Ok this has been happening for a few weeks now with the connection either being slow or just displaying a yellow triangle saying limited access and no internet access. Getting pretty desperate and running out of ideas now so need to ask here. Basically we switched ISPs after about a month of no...
Network & Sharing
Windows Keeps disconnecting me from internet
So I've had my computer for a while and have not really had many problems with my connection to the internet other than a very weak signal in my bedroom. One day my router broke and a replacement router was sent by Verizon. Ever since then my computer has not stayed connected to the internet for...
Network & Sharing
Urgent help, Internet keeps disconnecting.
Hi guys. I have a problem that is urgent, and I have decided to ask for help here from the experts. First of all, my modem is 7 years old. Very old indeed. Since 2 days ago, my internet started to disconnect once every 10 minutes or so on average. Normally it has never been like this,but it...
Network & Sharing
My internet keeps on disconnecting
well my internet keeps on disconnectng , i phoned my isp like a million times , and they keep on saying its my router lol , im getting sick and tired of it . Could the problem really be with my router? My router is an linksys wrt54gl .
Network & Sharing
Internet Connection keeps on disconnecting
My internet connection has started to dissconect every now and again, i've bought a netgear dgn2000 & a d-link dsl 2740r router but it's still dropping out. a reboot of the PC will start it up again is there anything i can check here before i phone up my ISP?
Network & Sharing
disconnecting internet
i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to. i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App