Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HomeGroup printer sharing issues

25 Jul 2014   #11
cwburns32

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Yes, please look for a current driver online and install it.
Quote:
On the machine that is connected to the bridge's WiFi the printer can be found but upon installation tells me I need to manually install driver (I'd assume look online).
I would do a reboot if you have not done this yet.
Quote:
The machine that is connected to the gateway's WiFi still does not recognize the printer on the network or in the Homegroup.
I do have the printer driver installed and the one machine can print to the printer on the homegroup. Now just the other one. Upon a reboot the laptop still does not recognize the printer on the network or the homegroup. DNS are 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jul 2014   #12
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

At least we've eliminated this one.
Quote:
I do have the printer driver installed and the one machine can print to the printer on the homegroup. Now just the other one.
Just to verify, the DNS'es are set to Obtain DNS server address automatically and not manually assigned?
Quote:
Upon a reboot the laptop still does not recognize the printer on the network or the homegroup. DNS are 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2014   #13
cwburns32

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
At least we've eliminated this one.
Quote:
I do have the printer driver installed and the one machine can print to the printer on the homegroup. Now just the other one.
Just to verify, the DNS'es are set to Obtain DNS server address automatically and not manually assigned?
Quote:
Upon a reboot the laptop still does not recognize the printer on the network or the homegroup. DNS are 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76
Whether they are set to use specific ones or obtain them automatically it still does not work. The laptop I just fixed I specifically set the DNS'es and it worked fine. Not so much here. Also I only changed iPv4 on the other laptop and it worked. I shouldn't have to touch iPv6 correct?

EDIT: Just verified through ipconfig/all output that my DNS are 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 when the option is set to obtain them automatically. I don't know if this helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jul 2014   #14
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Yes, this should be untouched. "I shouldn't have to touch iPv6 correct?"

Can you please do a TCP/IP reset on the problem computer?
How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
Then, another ipconfig/all output please, thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2014   #15
cwburns32

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Yes, this should be untouched. "I shouldn't have to touch iPv6 correct?"

Can you please do a TCP/IP reset on the problem computer?
How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
Then, another ipconfig/all output please, thanks.
Here is the ipconfig/all output after using the NetShell utility.


Attached Files
File Type: txt ipconfig-all after netsh.txt (4.1 KB, 2 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2014   #16
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Thanks for the latest info that you've provided.

From Chris-PC computer, are you able to access other network shared resources such as shared folder or shared drive? Please give this a try if you haven't.

Also, please create an identical UserName and Password from Chris-PC and the computer that's connected to the shared network printer.

From Chris-PC computer, click on the Start button> Run> In Open: type the IP Address of the computer where the printer is connected to, for example \\10.0.0.5\ press enter after. Can you see the shared printer? What happens if you click on it? Is there an error? Please let me know the outcome. See attached image.


Attached Images
HomeGroup printer sharing issues-printer.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2014   #17
cwburns32

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Thanks for the latest info that you've provided.

From Chris-PC computer, are you able to access other network shared resources such as shared folder or shared drive? Please give this a try if you haven't.

Also, please create an identical UserName and Password from Chris-PC and the computer that's connected to the shared network printer.

From Chris-PC computer, click on the Start button> Run> In Open: type the IP Address of the computer where the printer is connected to, for example \\10.0.0.5\ press enter after. Can you see the shared printer? What happens if you click on it? Is there an error? Please let me know the outcome. See attached image.
Damn doing \\10.0.0.179\ in the Run window found the printer, installed the driver and can now print from that laptop. WOW! Thank you so much sir, for both your awesome help and fast respones!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2014   #18
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Happy to hear that your issue has been resolved.

LOL, I'm not a Sir, more like a Ma'am.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cwburns32 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Thanks for the latest info that you've provided.

From Chris-PC computer, are you able to access other network shared resources such as shared folder or shared drive? Please give this a try if you haven't.

Also, please create an identical UserName and Password from Chris-PC and the computer that's connected to the shared network printer.

From Chris-PC computer, click on the Start button> Run> In Open: type the IP Address of the computer where the printer is connected to, for example \\10.0.0.5\ press enter after. Can you see the shared printer? What happens if you click on it? Is there an error? Please let me know the outcome. See attached image.
Damn doing \\10.0.0.179\ in the Run window found the printer, installed the driver and can now print from that laptop. WOW! Thank you so much sir, for both your awesome help and fast respones!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HomeGroup printer sharing issues




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Homegroup Printer Sharing Fails error 0x000003e3
We have an ASUS Zenbook U31F. We like it, but may have to return it because we cannot get it to print to our network printer on our HomeGroup. We have a Dell Studio 17 that prints to this computer with no problem. When we attempt to print to the printer (HP OfficeJet 6100 Series), the ASUS...
Network & Sharing
HomeGroup: Sharing Printer only w/1 PC & files + printer with another
I was wondering if there is a way to only share certain files/folders with selected PCs on a HomeGroup. For example: Main PC has all the files/folders + printer attached ... PC2 only gets printer + some folder access and PC3 only gets printer access but no access to shared files/folder on the...
Network & Sharing
Sharing a printer in a Homegroup
I am trying to print from my laptop to my pc. Both belong to the same Homegroup with shared printer. I have added the printer from my PC to my laptap and it shows up in the Devices and Printers. My problem is that the printer default on my Laptop is Xps Writer and it doesn't allow it to be...
Network & Sharing
XP mode and printer sharing issues.
I have a fresh windows 7 pro install on a new machine. For the sake of this email, lets say that machine is called HHH. I joined that machine to workgroup GGG. The machine is DHCP into my router. I created a new XP mode Virtual. Called the new virutual VVV, joined it into the same workgroup...
Network & Sharing
Homegroup printer issues
Have seen this discussed on the net but I have tried some of the suggested fixes and they have not worked. Have a pc and a notebook both running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Homegroup had been set up on the pc and I just got the notebook and have joined the same homegroup I have two printers...
Network & Sharing
Printer Sharing issues
Main PC upstairs wired to the printer. Homegroup has been set up and everything has been set up to share with my downstairs PC. I can see the Printer from downstairs but cant seem to connect to it? Any ideas on what to Check Thanks Kwack
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App