Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: zydas (zd1211) driver for windows 7

31 Oct 2009   #1
ichundu

windows 7
 
 
zydas (zd1211) driver for windows 7

hi,

i just installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my pc but i'm having troubles getting my wireless usb adapter to work. it is a zydas (zd1211B) chip. i have a disk with drivers for vista and xp but not surprisingly it's not working on win 7. does anyone know where can i find windows 7 compatible drivers for my device? or is there a trick to make the current driver to work? i hope i'm not stuck for the moment.

thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Oct 2009   #2
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ichundu View Post
hi,

i just installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my pc but i'm having troubles getting my wireless usb adapter to work. it is a zydas (zd1211B) chip. i have a disk with drivers for vista and xp but not surprisingly it's not working on win 7. does anyone know where can i find windows 7 compatible drivers for my device? or is there a trick to make the current driver to work? i hope i'm not stuck for the moment.

thanks!
Try looking on the makers web site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #3
ichundu

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Try looking on the makers web site.
i can't find anything on atheros site (atheros owns zydas now)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Oct 2009   #4
ichundu

windows 7
 
 

problem SOLVED!
for anyone interested on this, here's how i got it to work:

plug-in the wifi dongle. open device manager (right click on computer -> properties) then you have to find "USB lan" in the list (under "other devices" if i remember correctly), right click on it, then click properties and click the update driver button. i had to provide the path to the vista drivers directory on the cd so windows could search for a driver and then it successfully installed the driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #5
MeruJane

Microsoft Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ichundu View Post
problem SOLVED!
for anyone interested on this, here's how i got it to work:

plug-in the wifi dongle. open device manager (right click on computer -> properties) then you have to find "USB lan" in the list (under "other devices" if i remember correctly), right click on it, then click properties and click the update driver button. i had to provide the path to the vista drivers directory on the cd so windows could search for a driver and then it successfully installed the driver.
so did you use the vista drivers to make it work in windows 7 ? and where did you get them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #6
ichundu

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MeruJane View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ichundu View Post
problem SOLVED!
for anyone interested on this, here's how i got it to work:

plug-in the wifi dongle. open device manager (right click on computer -> properties) then you have to find "USB lan" in the list (under "other devices" if i remember correctly), right click on it, then click properties and click the update driver button. i had to provide the path to the vista drivers directory on the cd so windows could search for a driver and then it successfully installed the driver.
so did you use the vista drivers to make it work in windows 7 ? and where did you get them?
yes i used vista drivers. i used the utilities cd that came with the product. if you don't have it you could try downloading the vista driver from the net. if it is a .exe package, try extracting its content and install as i mentioned above. this is just a guess, i don't know if it works
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2010   #7
SilverShadow7

Windows 7
 
 

Didn't work for me... Still haven't found the solution....

Got a Tornado 120 Wlan Usbstick. Turned out that Tornado was taken over by a company called Allied Data Technologies. So download the drivers from there (vista, xp, windows 2000)... Tried to install the thing with serveral drivers but didn't work. The Tornado 120 Wlan was build with a chipset from Zydas ZD1211b, thats why i've come here.... I already went to the Zydas page but that was an awful expierence. No Zydas ZD1211b drivers. Only some links on the bottom, all linux drivers and a link for the 'real' Zydas webpage, not...

Can anyone tell me where to download the drivers for this chipset?!?!?!

OS ------> Windows 7!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2010   #8
PimS

Windows 7
 
 
Problem with ZD.

Hi, I've made like you. I upgraded the drivers with Vista drivers, and now my dongle is ok. But I can't use the ZD program, ZDWLan utility to configure (Access point..). What must I do ?

Thanks =) !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2010   #9
kronckew

Win 7 ultimate x64 sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PimS View Post
Hi, I've made like you. I upgraded the drivers with Vista drivers, and now my dongle is ok. But I can't use the ZD program, ZDWLan utility to configure (Access point..). What must I do ?

Thanks =) !
use the win7 built in utils for managing wireless networks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2010   #10
PimS

Windows 7
 
 

Can you explain me how to do. Because firstly my Wifi max dongle drivers were not good. I've used the vista drivers from CodeJunkies.com. Then they say, "Once the driver has finished installing, plug the WiFi dongle into a spare USB port. A“ZD” icon should appear in the bottom right corner of the Windows desktop in the
taskbar.". When I was using windows xp, it was ok, I had the ZD icon, and now, I search it on "Start", "ZD", I have ZDWlan utility, but when I click on this, it appears wastly, and directly disappear.. ! I don't know what to make ! ! !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 zydas (zd1211) driver for windows 7




Thread Tools






Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Driver causing computer to freeze...which driver? Windows 7 64bit
Hello, I have a Sony Vaio that just recently started freezing after startup for no apparent reason. I initially thought the freeze maybe caused by the HDD so I purchased and installed a SSD (the computer needed updating anyway.) Along with the SSD, I put a fresh install of Windows 7 on...
Drivers
BSOD Windows 7 update mp3 player driver conflict, graphics driver
Hi, and thanks in advance... Much of this is a repeat to other threads, until the graphic driver problem at the end... (I also have an Ubuntu partition.) I'd left my mp3 player plugged in overnight + an Asus Xonar DAC in a usb hub, when Windows wanted to do an update and conflict over...
BSOD Help and Support
Driver for Genius Webcam VideoCam GF112 driver for windows 7
Please Help guys I Need A driver for my webcam for windows I surf in the Net and It's only for Vista and XP .. Help Guys! ;)
Drivers
Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver for Windows XP Stop
I am not sure if this is where it belongs, or if it is a Graphics Card issue. I have an Acer Aspire 7741z-4433 with an Intel(R) Pentium(R) p6200 (2.13 GHz, 3MB 1.3 cache). This only happens to me while I am playing The Sims 3. I have the game set on the lowest quality settings, even though my...
Drivers
Problem with Zydas Adapter in Win7.
I'm running Win7 and the Zydas Adapter doesn't work at all ! I cant even open the driver for it .. my adapter - Zydas 802.11b+g ZD1211. What should i do?
Network & Sharing
Pre-Wddm 1.0 Intel driver 945 Express Driver thru Windows update
Hi, I'm a little confused by one of my update options. I was under the impression that windows 7 was using wddm 1.1, and that the wddm 1.0 drivers have been available for quite some time. I checked and the driver I have is wddm 1.0, released 10/28/2008, version number 8.15.10.1590. So why am...
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App