Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Strange error: Can't connect Without(!) VPN. And on only on Windows 7

18 Aug 2014   #1
xcr

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 
Strange error: Can't connect Without(!) VPN. And only on Windows 7

So, I can connect to the Internet through my VPN, but not without; or 'naked'.

The same strange error applies not only on Windows 7 but on various Linux boot CD-s as well.

What the heck?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Aug 2014   #2
Shadowjk

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 ; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xcr View Post
So, I can connect to the Internet through my VPN, but not without; or 'naked'.

The same strange error applies not only on Windows 7 but on various Linux boot CD-s as well.

What the heck?
Where is the other end of the VPN connection? Unless the device on the other side is willing to provide an internet connection you're not going to be able to access the internet through the VPN tunnel.

Josh
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2014   #3
xcr

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowjk View Post
Where is the other end of the VPN connection? Unless the device on the other side is willing to provide an internet connection you're not going to be able to access the internet through the VPN tunnel.

Josh
Sorry? Do we understand each other correctly?

I said I can reach the Internet when connecting through the VPN. I cannot reach it when connecting WITHOUT the VPN, or 'naked'.

I truly appreciate you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Aug 2014   #4
Shadowjk

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 ; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xcr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowjk View Post
Where is the other end of the VPN connection? Unless the device on the other side is willing to provide an internet connection you're not going to be able to access the internet through the VPN tunnel.

Josh
Sorry? Do we understand each other correctly?

I said I can reach the Internet when connecting through the VPN. I cannot reach it when connecting WITHOUT the VPN, or 'naked'.

I truly appreciate you.
Ohhhh.... Woops

Are you able to provide an IPconfig when you are NOT connected to the VPN. This will help us verify that your computer is configured correctly and whether or not it is a routing issue.

Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

Many Thanks,
Josh
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2014   #5
xcr

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Had some DNS and Internet connection issues. Solved. Sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Strange error: Can't connect Without(!) VPN. And on only on Windows 7




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Strange windows error 0xc0000225
First of all, hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster I've come up against an issue that I can't solve and none of the other threads with this error code have helped me either. First some background. I installed Windows 8 to give it a try but after few days decided that I really...
General Discussion
Strange error in Windows 7 Professional -- RawPath???
Having a weird thing showing up in my Glary Utilities as it is doing a registry check. It finds and supposedly fixes something to do with RawPath. :confused: I get a message like "Section: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1693463847-1280325588-1001\Software\NeoSoftTools\System Manager\task\Item108. The...
General Discussion
Strange error upon installation Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64...
Hello guys, Once more I'm here to get some help. It's concerning a 1.5TB hard disk connected up to a Asus P5W DH Deluxe. The disk was always partitioned as followed: Partition 0: System preserved (100MB) Partition 1: Windows partition (C: ) Partition 2: Music partition (D: 200 GB)...
Installation & Setup
Strange Windows 7 Bootup Error
System information: Windows 7 Home premium 32-bit Toshiba Satellite When i shut down the computer, and turn it back on i will get "Windows unable to boot normally" then i have the options: Configure startup repair(Recommended) OR Boot Windows normally
BSOD Help and Support
Very Strange - Windows 7 Backup/Network Error
Ok here is my situation. 3 PC's all running Windows 7 Ultimate 1 Desktop connection via wire to router 2 Laptops connected via Wireless (Linksys wrg54g) All 3 PC's are visible on all 3 PC's via the Homegroup in Windows Explorer. I can browse/copy/write files on all 3. All sweet. All...
Backup and Restore
Very strange windows 7 error
so after a failed attempt to restart the system, i held the power botton on the tower for 5 sec and it turned off. now the system constantly gets stuck on programs. cant index correct(directories) for example, if i want to open cpu-z, it gets stuck at the 3rd bar if i want to open...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App