Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Where can I find a fault log

20 Sep 2014   #21
HarriePateman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Theres not much information in there sorry


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Sep 2014   #22
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Without scratching all the way back what is the machine? Because it just maybe the Ethernet drive is bad. If not I know the very person who can help you out if she can't I'll eat my socks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2014   #23
Slartybart

x64 (6.3.9600) Win8.1 Pro & soon dual boot x64 (6.1.7601) Win7_SP1 HomePrem
 
 

This device?
dLAN® 500 AVtriple+ Powerline adapter - devolo AG
Manual: http://www.devolo.com/products/dLAN-...riple+-com.pdf

How many devices are connected to the powerline?

Can you try a different wall socket to see if it might be the line? (doubtful, but a simple test).
Is there any electrical plug using the onboard socket?
It's not on a power strip is it?

Is encryption enabled (button or software)?

These are generally good solutions for the distance problem you stated. You say it worked well in the past ... can you think of anything that changed when it first started showing the disconnects?

Please add your SF Systems Specs by following this tutorial: System Info - See Your System Specs
  • In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field.
  • Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
  • The tool does not fill in this information but it is very important if someone has to research drivers or hardware for your machine.
Log on to Sevenforums (SF) and let the tool fill in you System specs on your SF profile.

Full instructions are in the tutorial. It's a simple process and it makes that information readily available on your posts. You don't have to retype the information in any thread.

Click here to view your system specs on SevenForums.

Click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member to see what is presented about their machine.

Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Thanks

edit
I'm not sure if this would help ... too many cockpits/dashboards are just fluff. You might see if it tells you anything useful:
devolo Cockpit - Software for your home network. - devolo AG

side note: the dLAN® 500 AVtriple+ Powerline adapter - devolo AG is a discontinued model.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Sep 2014   #24
HarriePateman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Without scratching all the way back what is the machine? Because it just maybe the Ethernet drive is bad. If not I know the very person who can help you out if she can't I'll eat my socks.
im going to hold you to that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2014   #25
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HarriePateman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Without scratching all the way back what is the machine? Because it just maybe the Ethernet drive is bad. If not I know the very person who can help you out if she can't I'll eat my socks.
im going to hold you to that
They are made of chocolate LOL!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2014   #26
JohnEdg

64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/M...SVufMzF5XJLdAl

Phew gents I think that this is correct but let me know if it isn't. I have done some more research on the Devolo Powerline that I have and others appear to have had the same issue, some are saying that they overheat but your comment on the cockpit is spot on, it is possible to send a file to Devolo and I did this but they asked me to change things over and so on, this I did with little or no improvement so this was why I wanted to pin the problem down to this piece of kit and I can either put it in the bin and replace it or fix whatever else is wrong. This is my issue gents and maybe there is a better way of sorting the internet connection.

My router is downstairs and the wireless signal in my office is poor, I used to have a wireless dongle but it was difficult to maintain the signal, ideally I would run a LAN cable around the house but that is not practical and so I settled for the powerline.

In my office I have the triple LAN item and the only other thing that is connected is my Xbox but that is switched off, the single LAN item is plugged directly into the wall socket and then to the router. Because this system has a through plug it allows you to connect other items but not into the primary socket so there is a reduced risk of interference.

Is there another way gents
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2014   #27
HarriePateman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HarriePateman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Without scratching all the way back what is the machine? Because it just maybe the Ethernet drive is bad. If not I know the very person who can help you out if she can't I'll eat my socks.
im going to hold you to that
They are made of chocolate LOL!!
Chocolate socks i want some

My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2014   #28
JohnEdg

64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

ok again gents, notwithstanding the chocolate socks HarriePateman, I think that it is the powerline item that is goosed. It is supposed to be connected thus

Single LAN adaptor connected to modem and plugged into domestic mains circuit. Because this item has a "plug through" my modem etc is then plugged into the adaptor

The triple LAN adaptor is then connected to my PC and my Xbox via LAN cables and all of the relevant equipment is plugged in to the adaptor via the "plug through"

A few months ago the PC went into sleep mode or standby and the triple adaptor shut down and could not be woken up so I swapped them over and whilst the sleep thing never happened again the connection dropping did and its that which really winds me up so today I found this set of complaints on the internet

Devolo Powerline AV500+ network problems (2) | The Boschmans Account and its exactly this which is happening to me and so I have emailed Devolo and have given them a piece of my mind because I think that this is the same issue and hopefully they will replace it because they have a three year warranty.

However if anyone else finds anything amongst the stuff that I have posted that also points to anything else then please shout. Thanks guys for your time and attention it is really appreciated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2014   #29
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

John just out of curiosity just what is that triple LAN adaptor is it what I know as a multi ported switch because I use two off my main modem and never have come across this problem. Mind you I never leave machines running either as I might have said before
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2014   #30
JohnEdg

64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Hi, its one of these things. The manufacture advises that you plug it directly into the mains wall socket and then because of the plug through facility you can then plug into the front of it. The single port connects to the modem and the triple is for the PC and whatever so this is where my Xbox goes.

The system uses the house wiring to allow connection to the internet when the wireless signal is poor as is the case in my office


Attached Thumbnails
Where can I find a fault log-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Where can I find a fault log




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
bf3.exe fault
Hi, Coming up to two months ago I encountered a problem with my Battlefield 3 which has left me unable to play the game since. When I click to join a server on Battlelog the game manager pops up with 'Joining Server', but stays at 'Joining Server' forever (I left it for 20 minutes once and it...
Gaming
Word Document find and replace, find duplicates
I have a document that is hundreds of pages long. Within this document there are certain sentences, phrases that repeat and I need to find them in a practical manner. Now I could go through manually, look for lines I suspect are repeated elsewhere and search for them, but that would take...
Microsoft Office
BSOD at random "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" Cannot find fix
Ive recently started getting random BSODs "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" stop 0x00000050. It happens frequently at random and usually while the PC is sat doing nothing strangely enough. they can happen every 5 mins after loading windows up, or not for a few hours while the PC is sitting idle. To...
BSOD Help and Support
How to find find locker made invisible using Folder Protect ?
1.I had created a locker on my desktop using "Folder Lock" software. 2.Subsequently I made the locker invisible using "Folder Protect" software. 3.When I was trying to add more files to the locker created in 1 the locker tried to "increase it's size on the run"... 4.This process failed and...
General Discussion
Ipossible to find fault after SFC reports unable to fix files
Since installing servicepack 1 my OS has been unable to pass an SFC check. Ive taken ownership of the extremely large CBS file but cant find the files its referring to. Ive done a search of the string " cannot repair member file" but the text file comes back empty Ive also created a details.text...
Performance & Maintenance
fault code 545
hi there i tryed to connect to my media extender with the 8 figure code but get the following fault code 545.. it will not conect to my linksys extender Media Center Extender Setup cannot create an account for the Extender with ID: uuid:D01CB97F-7D43-44DA-AC20-0682DDAAAE40. Error:...
Media Center


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App