I've noticed quite a lot of wireless issues posted here, but after a good bit of searching, can't find anything which matches my problem.
I am able to connect to my home wifi network no problem, and my connection speeds are fine, however, as soon as my flatmate's laptop connects to the wireless network, my connection starts to play up. speed goes down, many pages hang up and require to be reloaded, and google chome displays the old favourite "resolving host" message.
- i've tried on firefox and i.e. as well, and the same issue occurs.
- i've tried doing a hard-reset on the router, and re-configuring settings on that.
- i've tried shutting down the windows security essentials and windows firewall
My flatmate's laptop is Win XP sp2. My laptop was Vista and we never had this issue before. it's only started since i installed win 7 (clean install) and as far as we can tell, no other variable has changed.
it's now bugging me to the point where i'm considering rolling back to vista using my recovery discs.
thanks and regards