My Windows 7 x64 machine can see other machines on the LAN (some running Windows 7 and some XP), but can't see my Mac Snow Leopard machine. However, the Mac can
see the Windows 7 machine. (Also, the Windows 7 box can
see a Windows 7 virtual machine running in VMware Fusion on the Mac.)
Note that I've tried following these instructions (posted in several places), but they don't resolve the problem:
- Goto Start Menu
- Search for: security
- Click on Local Security Policy
- Goto Local Policies> Security Options
- Double Click on Network security: LAN Manager Authentication
- Change level to: Send LM # LTLM Responses
- Then, scroll down to Network security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP
- De-select Require 128-bit encryption
- Hit OK
Also, I've checked to be sure that Mac and the Windows 7 box are both using the same workgroup (WORKGROUP).
Any other suggestions?