My Win7 x64 machine can see other machines on the LAN (some running Win7 and some XP), but can't see my Mac Snow Leopard machine. However, the Mac can
see the Win7 machine. (Also, the Win7 box can
see a Win7 virtual machine running in VMware Fusion on the Mac.)
Note that I've tried following these instructions (posted in several places), but they don't resolve the problem:
- Goto Start Menu
- Search for: security
- Click on Local Security Policy
- Goto Local Policies> Security Options
- Double Click on Network security: LAN Manager Authentication
- Change level to: Send LM # LTLM Responses
- Then, scroll down to Network security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP
- De-select Require 128-bit encryption
- Hit OK
Also, I've checked to be sure that Mac and the Win7 box are both using the same workgroup (WORKGROUP).
Any other suggestions?