Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IP address deleted after Restart ?

20 Dec 2015   #1
ayan4u

Windows 7
 
 
IP address deleted after Restart ?

IP addresses automatically resets and the fields (ip,subnet mask,gateway) are blank after every tie i shutdown pc... ,dns & alt. ip r however saved....I have tried reinstalling the drivers from device manager but no use....is it a hardware failure or system? plz help !?

Win 7
Celeron j1800 cpu
GA j1800m-d2p-in motherboard..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Dec 2015   #2
MagusMagnus

7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Let's give this a whirl...

CMD (Run as Administrator)

netsh int ip reset reset.txt
[Enter]
netsh winsock reset
[Enter]
netsh advfirewall reset
[Enter]

Reboot. Let us know what happens.

Oh, if you've tweaked your firewall for whatever reason, you might want to peruse it and take note of what all you've done before executing that last command.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2015   #3
ayan4u

Windows 7
 
 

did it ,didn't work....any help?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Dec 2015   #4
Baddog22556

Windows 7
 
 

Do a System Restore to an earlier date when it was working.
(Or, restore your latest system image backup.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2015   #5
event3horizon

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
 
 

do you have more than one network adapter in your network connections? You are setting STATIC IP info right, no dynamic?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2015   #6
ayan4u

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by event3horizon View Post
do you have more than one network adapter in your network connections? You are setting STATIC IP info right, no dynamic?
ya i do have an usb wifi adapter sharing the connection.., but it didn't used to happen as long i used it in my old pc with win XP,.happened ever since i upgraded my motherboard with win 7...its not a hardware problem right? O_o
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2015   #7
event3horizon

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ayan4u View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by event3horizon View Post
do you have more than one network adapter in your network connections? You are setting STATIC IP info right, no dynamic?
ya i do have an usb wifi adapter sharing the connection.., but it didn't used to happen as long i used it in my old pc with win XP,.happened ever since i upgraded my motherboard with win 7...its not a hardware problem right? O_o
So does it happen without the adapter? Also try removing the gateway IP from the the wifi adapter settings. Also, to clarify, you're talking about the onboard NIC right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2015   #8
ayan4u

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by event3horizon View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ayan4u View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by event3horizon View Post
do you have more than one network adapter in your network connections? You are setting STATIC IP info right, no dynamic?
ya i do have an usb wifi adapter sharing the connection.., but it didn't used to happen as long i used it in my old pc with win XP,.happened ever since i upgraded my motherboard with win 7...its not a hardware problem right? O_o
So does it happen without the adapter? Also try removing the gateway IP from the the wifi adapter settings. Also, to clarify, you're talking about the onboard NIC right?
did that still same....yup its nic

heres the ntework config:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2015   #9
event3horizon

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
 
 

time to dive into the registry. Set your IPs like they should be, Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Paramters\Interfaces. Find the interface key in question, take a screenshot, reboot, take another screen shot of the same thing, let's compare the differences. Something, program, is overwriting your settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2015   #10
ayan4u

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by event3horizon View Post
time to dive into the registry. Set your IPs like they should be, Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Paramters\Interfaces. Find the interface key in question, take a screenshot, reboot, take another screen shot of the same thing, let's compare the differences. Something, program, is overwriting your settings.
well dat seems to have no differences after restart :O


This is wat happens after restart....any clues ?!?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IP address deleted after Restart ?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
When file is deleted from main directory it is also deleted from sub
Hello All, I've never seen this happen before. I have a main directory with 80 files in it. I created 8 sub-directories under the main directory and put 10 files in each one. I then went back to the main directory and deleted the 80 files that are there. The files I deleted from the main...
General Discussion
Need to recover deleted office 2003, deleted in error
Hi, Whilst removing a virus I have somehow managed to delete office 2003 with my outlook with all of my work emails on !!! I have tried a system restore but it wont let me do it and comes up with %systemroot%\registration then ComPlusStaging I could just reinstall office but I dont have...
Microsoft Office
'No Internet Access' IP address shows router not the modem IP address
Hey everyone. I've ran into a problem that I can't quite figure out. My internet connection shows 'no internet access' even though my ISP shows the connection is coming into the house just fine. I usually use a router (NetGear-WNR3500U) but I right now I have the Ethernet connection plugged...
Network & Sharing
Outlook 2010 Auto address complete after restart
:devil: Hello all, Question, I have been researching the problem Outlook 2010 has had with NOT remembering email addresses for the Auto complete after the program is shut down and restarted. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? Thank you,
Microsoft Office
rounter address externally and ftp address??
Hey, I have a dlink pre N wireless router. From within my network, I can access my router (192.168.2.1), but how do I access my router from outside my network? I did use the address found in "whats my ip" site, but I did not access my router. Also, if I setup my network storage's FTP feature,...
Network & Sharing
Recover deleted data from a deleted user account?
How to recover deleted data from an deleted user? Hi Guys, Please help I had an old user account which was corrupted, So I deleted that however forgotten to keep the files...... Is there any way I can get my old data back??:( Using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App