My new Belkin Wireless G router crashes ALWAYS if I try to connect from my Windows 7 Laptop to my Windows XP (home edition) desktop.
I try to connect wireless from my Laptop (Windows 7) to my shared printer and shared folders on my wired Windows XP desktop.
While entering \\192.168.2.3
in my IExplorer of the Windows 7 Laptop:
(IP address of XP desktop) immidiately crashes the router and disconnects both computers from the internet. Only solution is to reboot the router.
Have tested this various time, but always the same result.
Both computers have the same WORKGROUP name.
- Surfboard SB5100E Cable modem
- Belkin Wireless G router: model F5D7234-4-UK 1.00 Firmware: V1000 WPA-PSK wireless protocol is used
- Inspiron 1545 : Pentium Dual Core T4300(2.1GHz,800MHz,1MB)
- Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11 b/g) mini card European
- OS/Windows 7 Home Premium (NL)
Dell Desktop - Dimension
- Standard Ethernet card
- OS/Windows XP Home edition SP3
Any hints what could cause the problem?