Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Network Adapter not properly installed

15 Jul 2016   #1
Br0nze

windows Home Premium 7 64
 
 
Network Adapter not properly installed

I have been searching for the solution to my problem, which is very similar to this one.
I reformatted the c drive and used the original discs to reinstall what ever was on them. However, I now get the following message.
windows did not detect a properly installed network adaptor.
I have been device manager and there is no heading for network adaptor.
What are the steps necessary to get this working. I am obviously using another computer to access this forum.
Thank-you
Bron


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Jul 2016   #2
Br0nze

windows Home Premium 7 64
 
 
Network Adapter not properly installed

I reformatted my c drive yesterday.
Now that i have the message "Install a driver for your network adapter".
Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter"

I have checked in device manager and there is no network adapter.
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I thank-you in advance for helping me resolve this problem.
Bronze
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2016   #3
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

Hi Bronze,
Open device manager, look for UNKNOWN that will be it.
Go to the home page for your model download the driver to the DESKTOP.
Then update the driver >> let me chose >> point to the download.

roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jul 2016   #4
Br0nze

windows Home Premium 7 64
 
 

Thanks Roy
I have opened device manager there is not heading network adapters and no unknown anywhere.

I have now started the computer in safe mode and under network adapters i have WAN Miniport with 8 different options eg (IKEv2)
I do not know which of these i need a driver for.

Thanks for you assistance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #5
townsbg

Windows 7 pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Br0nze View Post
I have been searching for the solution to my problem, which is very similar to this one.
I reformatted the c drive and used the original discs to reinstall what ever was on them. However, I now get the following message.
windows did not detect a properly installed network adaptor.
I have been device manager and there is no heading for network adaptor.
What are the steps necessary to get this working. I am obviously using another computer to access this forum.
Thank-you
Bron
Did you read my post? You have to install drivers for Wireless cards. I'm not sure why the disk didn't install the driver but try the link.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by townsbg View Post
7 does not have native drivers for wireless cards and don't use a third party program to get them. You need to download them from dell. Product Support | Dell US
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #6
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by townsbg View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Br0nze View Post
I have been searching for the solution to my problem, which is very similar to this one.
I reformatted the c drive and used the original discs to reinstall what ever was on them. However, I now get the following message.
windows did not detect a properly installed network adaptor.
I have been device manager and there is no heading for network adaptor.

What are the steps necessary to get this working. I am obviously using another computer to access this forum.
Thank-you
Bron
Did you read my post? You have to install drivers for Wireless cards. I'm not sure why the disk didn't install the driver but try the link.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by townsbg View Post
7 does not have native drivers for wireless cards and don't use a third party program to get them. You need to download them from dell. Product Support | Dell US
Seems to me it would have to be detected to allow a driver to be installed...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #7
Br0nze

windows Home Premium 7 64
 
 

I have a lenovo thinkpad Edge E520.

I will go to Lenovo and search for a wireless driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #8
Br0nze

windows Home Premium 7 64
 
 

Do i get a network driver, a wireless WAN or a wireless LAN?
Thanks
Bron
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #9
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Br0nze View Post
I have a lenovo thinkpad Edge E520.

I will go to Lenovo and search for a wireless driver.
If I were you I'd get the chipset driver first to hopefully get the wireless recognized in device manager.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2016   #10
Br0nze

windows Home Premium 7 64
 
 

Ok, where do i get a chipset driver please?
Bron
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Network Adapter not properly installed




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter.
Hello. I have a custom build PC that i finally finished a couple of nights ago but it has been acting up. I have been to so many other forums and found no help what so ever! My specs are Motherboard-Gigabyte 990xa-UD3 CPU-AMD FX-6300 GPU-Radeon HD 7850-Sapphire edition Okay so im going to...
Network & Sharing
SOS! Windows could not detect a properly installed network adapter
Hello everyone, After 6 hours of reading/testing I can't do anything else and I am really tired, so you guys are my last hope. Here is the problem: I had a lot of hardware in my stock so I decided to make some desktops today. I built them normally without any problem, the only thing was that...
Hardware & Devices
Windows says did not detect properly installed network adapter. T.T
Good morning! My problem is : I just reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 32 bit (I have the disc) but I cant connct to internet for it says there is no properly installed network adapter. Hope you can help me out with this. info. Windows 7 Ultimate x32 Version 6.1.7600 build 6700 Intel...
Drivers
Wireless Network Adapter not working properly
Yesterday I bought a new desktop and I decided I wanted wireless, so I bought a TP-Link TLWN851ND wireless PCI adapter. After installing all the drivers I had internet access for an hour or so but then the download speed gradually went to 0 and I lost internet access, this morning I turned on the...
Network & Sharing
Windows Did Not Detect A Properly Installed Network Adapter.
I recently bought A new computer from ebay. Here is the link Vibox 4.2GHz I am not really good with computers, I spoke to a friend and they said to uninstall and install the network adapter but I really have no idea where to find the network adapter. If someone will help I will be really...
Network & Sharing
Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter
Hello, I'm having trouble accessing the internet on a new build. My motherboard is Asus P8P67 Pro R3 P67 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio.. | Ebuyer.com and I'm running Windows 64bit. My router is Linksys WRT54GS version 6. When I diagnose the problem it tells me "Windows did not...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:57.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App