|20 Nov 2009||#1|
| || |
Problem Sharing My Xp printer with Win 7
My xp 32bits computer (c1) has an epson cx6500 conected by usb port.
My win 7 64bits computer (c2) is a laptop.
Both are set to share files, and works well.
When I try to add a printer in my c2 I get the menssage can not find the drivers for the printer on the network. it asks if i want to locate them myself, i download the drivers from epson site, which is an executable and even ran it. I retry the process, get the same prompt to search for the drivers, and the driver search is only allowing '.inf' files.
I´m also try to conect the printer direct to c2 usb port and for my surprise it work well and don´t ask me to install any drive!!
Then I´m found in this forum a solution post from Jimbo45:
" assume the computers are call XPMACHINE and W7MACHINE.
1) Ensure Printer on XP machine is shared - assume it's called SHAREDPRINTER.
2) On the Network Browsing on your Windows 7 machine ensure you can "See" the Printer share.
Now on the Windows 7 machine do the following (doesn't matter if it's X-86 or x-64).
3) Control Panel==> add LOCAL (Yes LOCAL) printer. I know it's on a Network but hold your horses -- what we are actually doing is "Poodlefaking" the Windows 7 machine into thinking it's running the printer.
4) Create NEW port==>Local port
5) Portname is \\XPMACHINE\SHAREDPRINTER
6) Now Windows 7 will load a driver and you'll be able to print on the XP machine.
I´m was very happy. But following when I try to create the local port \\xxxx\xxxx , I get the menssage "access denied".
Any one can help me Please!!!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Problem Sharing My Xp printer with Win 7|
|Problem with sharing a printer||Network & Sharing|
|Home network WIN7 & XP: file and printer sharing problem||Network & Sharing|
|HomeGroup: Sharing Printer only w/1 PC & files + printer with another||Network & Sharing|
|cant install printer driver when sharing HP printer||Hardware & Devices|
|Printer Sharing problem||Network & Sharing|
|Printer sharing problem on Win7-64bit||Network & Sharing|
|Windows 7 and XP printer sharing problem||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.