|25 Nov 2009||#1|
| || |
Hey there guys. I have a few questions.
First of all, I am gonna keep it short.
1. I was running XP and my internet through on-board nic was working fine.
2. Then I installed windows 7 and I could connect to internet but not lan. Hence it resulted in very low speed.
3. I reinstalled Xp only to find the same thing that I was experiencing on Windows 7. i.e Limited or Low connectivity that resulted in low speed.(I never experienced this prob in Xp before)
4. I had tried several solutions but none helped.
5. Finally I got a soln. My ISP gave me all the IP config details. The thing that was causing the problem was the GATEWAY. After I filled in all IP config details (including GATEWAY by manual configuration) everything is back to normal.
My net and my lan are both working fine.
6. So my conclusion was that problem was with IP details.
Now I have a couple of questions.
1. Now that I have all the IP details, can I reinstall windows 7. I mean to ask whether I would face same problem again.(limited or no connectivity)
2. I am using DC++ for sharing. Do I need IPv6 for that since its needed for creating a homegroup. I am asking whether IPv6 will cause a prob in DC++. In our country we use only IPv4.
Please respond fast guys. My exams just got over and I want to install Windows 7
|My System Specs|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.