Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: disconnecting internet


27 Nov 2009   #1

Microsoft windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
disconnecting internet

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to.

i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my nokia n97 connects fine and doesent have this problem..

im not sure what i did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Nov 2009   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paliometoxo View Post
i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to.

i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my nokia n97 connects fine and doesent have this problem..

im not sure what i did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem?


Click on the network icon, bottom right, and then troubleshoot. If that does not work, go to search, type, cmd then ipconfig and give us a screen shot.

Did you do a clean install of Windows?
Did you download or buy a retail DVD?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #3

Microsoft windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

bought the upgrade cd.. i had the same problem before with vista.. i dont download operating systems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Nov 2009   #4
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Type services.msc in the start seach box. Click on the Icon, scroll down to
DNS Client, click to highlite it, then restart the service.

If that doesn't work, then flush the DNS cache:
Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns press 'enter'

*** note the space between 'g' and '/'
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #5

7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Do you have a router and security setup on it. I seem to remember reading somewhere on here something about Windows 7 and not liking WEP or whatever and changing that to another fixed it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #6

Microsoft windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Type services.msc in the start seach box. Click on the Icon, scroll down to
DNS Client, click to highlite it, then restart the service.

If that doesn't work, then flush the DNS cache:
Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns press 'enter'

*** note the space between 'g' and '/'

thanks a lot. i did both just in case... hopefully now my lap top stops disconnecting.. ty much appreciated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #7

Microsoft windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
Do you have a router and security setup on it. I seem to remember reading somewhere on here something about Windows 7 and not liking WEP or whatever and changing that to another fixed it.

i use a modem/router in one but no security... it never used to do this i had the modem for years and for another year or so with vista ultimate 64bit. it started to do it before i installed 7 ultimate i thought installing 7 would fix the problem but it dident.

this windows 7 is taking some getting used to with the task bar espesially.. but definatly worth the almost 200 euros
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2009   #8
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

*** Update your Modem drivers!

Configure your firewall to allow you to connect the the 'net' ... Microsoft Defender may also be hindering you. Disable it through "services.msc".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #9

zomfg
 
 

i got the same problem, my router is connected to 2 desktops, my other desktop never disconnects(vista), and this new 1 i just bought disconnect every few mins, both are wired. cant figure out whats wrong
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #10

7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

You might want to check here Windows 7 Compatibility Center home and see if your router is compatible. Not sure why a router wouldn't be but guess some are.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 disconnecting internet




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: disconnecting internet
Thread Forum
Windows Keeps disconnecting me from internet Network & Sharing
Urgent help, Internet keeps disconnecting. Network & Sharing
Internet keeps disconnecting and ten reconnecting Network & Sharing
My internet keeps on disconnecting Network & Sharing
PC freeze when disconnecting from internet Network & Sharing
Internet Connection keeps on disconnecting Network & Sharing
Wireless Internet Keeps Disconnecting Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33