Hello there SevenForums members. I had my Windows 7 running for 3 days with no issue, perfectly i must add, but up from Tuesday I'am struggling with really critical network issue.
I'am really turning on this forums as last resort, and I'am closer and closer to roll back to WinXP (which i really don't want...). But let me begin describing the problem from the beginning.
Some hardware specifications:
Windows 7 x64 7600 Polish Version
Motherboard: Asus P5QL Pro (with Intel chipset)
Network adapter: Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E (On Motherboard)
Connection: Wire, Ethernet, straight to Modem
Modem: WebStar EPX2203
Firewall: only default Windows firewall
- On Tuesday (24.11) morning (+1 gmt) I've installed drivers
to my Network adapter which were in Windows Update.
- While playing Team Fortress 2, i started having really akward lag. I was able to hear and see everything around but i couldn't react.
Then after couple of minutes my net got disconnected, loosing connection to the internet for a brief moment (up to 1 minute)
- I've blamed my internet supplier but the lag continued throughout whole day. Even during phone session on Skype it managed to last 5-30 min, finally ending with short net disconnection. Steam games weren't the only one affected, as while playing Borderlands i have also suffered from a lag, same type of lag like in TF2 (heard, and saw but couldn't do anything in-game)
- Until today, I've reinstalled (that is uninstalled adapter then installed, also in Safe Mode) drivers for my Network Adapter many times. Forcing Windows to not install his own, but only that which i chose, picking from all 3 drivers (from newest to oldest) which are supposed to be supported by Windows 7.
- I have also dabbled with Task Offload and unchecking IvP6, turning off Windows Firewall, but none of these brought any solution.
- Now I'am after fresh reinstallation of Windows 7, thinking that will resolve everything. But after i've installed every needed driver
(for Graphic Card, Intel Chipset, HD Realtek Audio, updating DirectX, without
updating Windows at all) and launched Team Fortress 2 to test out if lag is still present i've sadly encountered same as pre-reinstall of windows7.
Any ideas? Every help welcome.