I can confirm I am having issues with this right now.
I have been having issues with having to reboot to gain performance back.
Upon researching I found out about DPC latency and downloaded the app.
After seeing spikes upwards of 100,000 uS (YES actually that high), I knew this had to be the reason I was needing to reboot.
After messing around and disabling different drivers
, I found it to be my Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet controller. As soon as I disable it, all latency peaks subside.
So, further experimenting, I found that I could reboot my laptop, and latency would be in the green zone. Within two minutes of starting uTorrent, blam, red spikes that progressively get bigger overtime.
So, I went to uTorrent forums and found this is a common issue, more so since more people are going to Win 7 OS.
I decided to download Vuze and install it. I then rebooted my PC, and started Vuze. About 5 minutes later, I started getting spikes.......
But much different. These spikes would come in equal intervals.....every 10 or so seconds and they never got higher than 5000 uS.
I even tried downloading the same three files with both bit torrent clients for a consistent test.
I could see there was clearly a difference between the two bit torrent clients.
If I have to choose, I'll take Vuze's symptoms over uTorrent's. The latency I see with Vuze doesn't seem to affect my PC stability, but it does with uTorrent, especially overnight.
I am an avid user of PS3 Media Server and I have noticed that this latency affects my streaming sometimes as well.
While using Vuze seems to be better than uTorrent, the trade-off is that Vuze uses much more CPU power than uTorrent. I hope this issue can be solved (whatever the root cause is), as I like to be able to download material at the same time I am serving other media over my network. As I sometimes need to transcode the material, the lower CPU usage from uTorrent is appealing vs Vuze's CPU usage, but I have HIGH DPC latency with uTorrent.
I have tried the latest Atheros drivers up to version 184.108.40.206 which seemed to help a little, but as soon as I get high network traffic, specifically internet traffic, then the problem creeps back.
LAN traffic (media serving) doesn't go nearly as crazy as downloading material over the internet.