Hey guys, little problem here. I just bought my wife a new laptop with Windows 7 on it. When I first got a hold of it, I proceeded to remove all the HP bloatware that was installed. I went to Add/Remove programs and uninstalled everything that had HP beside it.
Next, I tried to have the laptop connect to my wireless router (DLINK DI-524). It found my network, but only with limited connectivity. I ran the troubleshooter and it reported back that the wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
I then connected my internet cable directly to the laptop and I get the same message, except it says "local area connection .......".
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the network adapter, but to no avail. Any other suggestions from you guys? I know it's probably something glaringly obvious that I am just overlooking...
1. Internet works on my desktop.
2. Desktop has Windows Vista.
3. Internet will not connect on laptop directly or through router.
4. I have reset/rolled back/reinstalled/uninstalled everything network card related.
5. At first I uninstalled all HP bloatware on laptop