As said, I am connected to my Wireless Network but have no Internet access. So far I have looked through the forums and done the following:
- unticked the ipv6 box
- pulled any Firewalls down
- disabled and re-enabled my network adaptors
- tried the ipconfig/release and renew
- left my IP Address detection to Automatic. This is because when I tried looking up my DNS on my desktop, it was not in my Ipconfig page so I didn't know what to fill in on my laptop. So when I filled in my IP address manually, there was no DNS to fill in and this didn't work.
- disabled Bonjour
- tried flushdns
- According to the laptop my network adapter drivers
are up to date. There are two listed:
Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller and
Intel(R) Wifi Link 5100 AGN
I have not tried uninstalling these as I am concerned about doing damage to the laptop and I am not sure which I should uninstall. My sincere apologies - I am not very good at IT! I would really appreciate any help you guys could give.
I haven't made a screenshot of my ipconfig/all yet but my IP address is:
and my subnet mask is:
The Default Gateway field is empty.
I know that this means that my laptop isn't receiving the signal from the router but all the other computers in the house are running fine, with no problems from the signal. I have also restarted the router a few times.
Any help is greatly appreciated! I upgraded from Vista.