Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 - Very slow internet


25 Jan 2010   #1
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 
Win 7 - Very slow internet

Hi all,
Before i installed windows 7 my internet speed was 2mb/s ( downloading at avg. 250kb/s ) but after i installed it speed became only 13-50kb/s and later ( now ) it's downloading at 3kb-10... i didn't installed new programs before it became to 3-10...

Information:
adapter
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
windows 7 Professional 32 bit version
Avast antivirus ( maybe will be usefull info.. )

what i tried:
in safe mode it's still slow
installing new network drivers - no effect
was searching these forums for help and disabled 2 services which i found on solution ( now forgot it's name ) but still no effect

Please help someone...

P.S sorry for mine english...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jan 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UFF View Post
Hi all,
Before i installed windows 7 my internet speed was 2mb/s ( downloading at avg. 250kb/s ) but after i installed it speed became only 13-50kb/s and later ( now ) it's downloading at 3kb-10... i didn't installed new programs before it became to 3-10...

Information:
adapter
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
windows 7 Professional 32 bit version
Avast antivirus ( maybe will be usefull info.. )

what i tried:
in safe mode it's still slow
installing new network drivers - no effect
was searching these forums for help and disabled 2 services which i found on solution ( now forgot it's name ) but still no effect

Please help someone...

P.S sorry for mine english...
Hi and welcome

your english is fine. I would bet you are using "homegroup" as your networking protocol. Homegroup has been shown to have problems on some computer networks. you can verify if that is the problem by creating a new network connection and using "workgroup" model.

Let us know if you need help

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #3
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

Quote:
Hi and welcome

your english is fine. I would bet you are using "homegroup" as your networking protocol. Homegroup has been shown to have problems on some computer networks. you can verify if that is the problem by creating a new network connection and using "workgroup" model.

Let us know if you need help

Ken
If i'm using "homegroup" it should be shown at control panel>network and internet>homegroup or not?
if yes there writes "this computer can't connect to a homegroup"
if not please give me a link with tutorial how to change it to "workgroup" or just tell that cuz i'm using win 7 not very long time and yet don't know how to do it...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Jan 2010   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UFF View Post
Quote:
Hi and welcome

your english is fine. I would bet you are using "homegroup" as your networking protocol. Homegroup has been shown to have problems on some computer networks. you can verify if that is the problem by creating a new network connection and using "workgroup" model.

Let us know if you need help

Ken
If i'm using "homegroup" it should be shown at control panel>network and internet>homegroup or not?
if yes there writes "this computer can't connect to a homegroup"
if not please give me a link with tutorial how to change it to "workgroup" or just tell that cuz i'm using win 7 not very long time and yet don't know how to do it...

What is your network setup? do you have more than one computer on the network? do you have a router? etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #5
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

Quote:
What is your network setup? do you have more than one computer on the network? do you have a router? etc
Network setup? if i understand the question it's public network i think.
I have only 1 computer on the network.
Sure i have it. if you need the model of it well i don't know exactly model, but on it write edimax WDS or something like that. I thought there will be exact model, but i was wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UFF View Post
Quote:
What is your network setup? do you have more than one computer on the network? do you have a router? etc
Network setup? if i understand the question it's public network i think.
I have only 1 computer on the network.
Sure i have it. if you need the model of it well i don't know exactly model, but on it writes cumax WDS or something like that. I thought there will be exact model, but i was wrong.
Since you arent in a homegroup there is one thing you can check. In networl control panel>adaper setting>makeu sure IPv6 is unchecked

See pic


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #7
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

it was checked.. now made unchecked, but still no very slow.
i made second photo cuz it's differient than yours and maybe it will help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UFF View Post
it was checked.. now made unchecked, but still no very slow.
i made second photo cuz it's differient than yours and maybe it will help

you need to give me more details. go to a speedtest site and have your speed measured. use this one if you can Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

then type cmd in search>then ipconfig /all

use the build in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make a screenshot and upload it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #9
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UFF View Post
it was checked.. now made unchecked, but still no very slow.
i made second photo cuz it's differient than yours and maybe it will help

you need to give me more details. go to a speedtest site and have your speed measured. use this one if you can Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

then type cmd in search>then ipconfig /all

use the build in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make a screenshot and upload it.
than i tried to test it was latency error or something like that well i tried it on other site:


but i don't know its right or not cuz i don't think my upload is 450~ it should be lower... but download should be something like that


in speedtest site i found older test made with xp:


CMD:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #10
UFF

Win 7 professional
 
 

someone help please...?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 - Very slow internet




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Win 7 - Very slow internet
Thread Forum
Slow browser, slow internet, random audio ads: virus? System Security
My internet is so slow Network & Sharing
Win 7 - Slow Internet Network & Sharing
Slow Internet Network & Sharing
Very slow internet Network & Sharing
Slow internet Network & Sharing
slow internet Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33