Hi - my internet was working fine - then last night I couldnt connect because Windows 7 said my ethernet cable wasn't connected.
I have a D-Link ADSL2 modem - and the LAN light doesnt come on.
Troubleshooting already tried:
- Using same cable connected my Mac to the Modem - internet worked fine (but my Mac is so old I can't use a lot of websites)
- Using same cable connected my Windows XP machine.. LAN light on.. but no internet connection (cable unplugged message)
- Trying a different ethernet cable
- Unistalled/reinstalled network card on Windows 7 machine and restarting
- Unplugged everyting, turned off modem at power, restarted.. shut down.. 2 times
So the cable seems ok, the modem seems ok, the network card seems ok, and it worked 2 days ago but now.. nothing.
Is there a way to check whether the ethernet port is working?
Any suggestions as to how I can fix this pesky problem? Or at least diagnose what the problem is? Could it be interference from software? Very perplexing
THanks in anticipation...