|28 Mar 2010||#1|
| || |
Looking for network & Internet monitoring software
I'm looking for some software that can monitor inbound and outbound traffic through my D-Link DIR-655 router by individual workstation.
I'm running a XP machine as a server x86, with coldfusion MX (for our home website), and a syslog server on the same machine. The software would run on this machine.
The criteria are;
1. I should differentiate between intranet and internet traffic
2. It should be persistent; that is; it keeps track of stats between reboots of server (software like active wall does not retain stats when server reboots).
3. It should also be able to run when server is in logged out state, either as an application or service, preferrably a service.
4. It should not cost alot.
5. It should be able to collect stats on all connected workstations, whether DHCP or static IPs, including consoles like PS3, Wii and xBOX360.
6. It should support XP, Vista and 7, in both 32 and 64 bit versions.
7. Preferably, no agent should be installed on each of the workstations (flexible on this as long as footprint is small). All workstations are 64 bit.
This is a home network, with 17 connected devices; windows 7 x64 x 9, Win XP x86 x 1, PS3, Wii, xBox, and 4 iPhones.
Please forgive if this should have been posted in software or other forum. I thought this one fitted because it's related to networking.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Looking for network & Internet monitoring software|
|GPU temperature monitoring software||Hardware & Devices|
|What are the Free Network bandwidth monitoring Software's?||Network & Sharing|
|Energy Monitoring Software||Software|
|CPU Monitoring Software||Software|
|Installation Monitoring Software||Virtualization|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.